Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$1/$3 Holding the Red Rockets and Villain leads River

BTPoker Posts: 32Subscriber
edited June 11 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
A table of unknowns, Hero in MP and is dealt A A (Hero stack approx $300). UTG +1 limps, I pop it to $15, folds to BB who calls and UTG +1 folds...heads up (Villain stack also roughly $300). Pot $25 after rake.

Flop Q 6 3. V checks, Hero c-bet $15 and V calls (pot $55).
Turn 2, V checks, Hero bets $35, V calls (pot $130)
River 2 V leads out for $75

What do you do? I can't find a deuce he is defending with and check calling, maybe a suited 2 4, pocket 6s or 3s. I rule out QQ as I think this would have gotten more $$ in before river. I would think more $$ would go in with a 54 as well. Paired board leans me to believe I'm walking into full house with the 66 or 33. Thoughts?

Comments

• PiggyPiggy Posts: 150Subscriber
    Do we have any reads on villain? Even if he is “unknown” we can make some assumptions and inferences based on age, ethnicity, appearance, posture, how he handles cards and stacks chips, etc.
    by 1CycleV
  • CycleV Posts: 1,001Subscriber
    That also could easily be a blocker bet with Qx. I have no problem clicking this back to $155 or something.
  • jojacks Posts: 83Subscriber
    edited June 12
    From what I see in my games, I would expect more like $45-50 as a block bet. To me it looks like busted clubs or trips+, so I would lean towards a call.
    I don’t see how this could possibly be trips other than A2cc. Hero bet flop, bet the turn undercard, then river pairs the turn. Given the price, I’m snap calling river.
  • bubba316999 Posts: 13Member
    edited June 12
    The other hand that got there since he was playing from the BB is 54 especially if he's suited in clubs. If he was assuming the open limper was going to complete pre I could see the V making that call. Only hand of hero's the V should fear would be QQ so i could see call, call, lead to avoid a check through on the river.

I'd probably call. Enough Qx & a few bluffs though it's rare to see them played that way at $1/$2 or $1/$3 IMO. But I'm not shock when you lose to A2 or 45 of clubs.
    bubba316999 said:
    The other hand that got there since he was playing from the BB is 54 especially if he's suited in clubs. If he was assuming the open limper was going to complete pre I could see the V making that call. Only hand of hero's the V should fear would be QQ so i could see call, call, lead to avoid a check through on the river.

I'd probably call. Enough Qx & a few bluffs though it's rare to see them played that way at $1/$2 or $1/$3 IMO. But I'm not shock when you lose to A2 or 45 of clubs.
    Wouldn’t 54cc blast off on the flop at some frequency, being an OESD + FD?
  • BTPoker Posts: 32Subscriber
    Piggy said:
    Do we have any reads on villain? Even if he is “unknown” we can make some assumptions and inferences based on age, ethnicity, appearance, posture, how he handles cards and stacks chips, etc.
    He was 30-35, white, ball cap, chewing on a toothpick. Never seen him before. I did not notice any creative or advanced play. The deck was hitting him good and mostly had some non-thinking hands that he was in.

BTPoker said:
    Piggy said:
    He was 30-35, white, ball cap, chewing on a toothpick. Never seen him before. I did not notice any creative or advanced play. The deck was hitting him good and mostly had some non-thinking hands that he was in.
    Based on villain description, I'm not folding. My read says he doesn't only have sets or straights here and could easily be monkey-betting Qx.
  • MattM Posts: 39Subscriber
    Against some players at my 1/3 player pool I'd raise the river for more value because theyre just button clicking idiots/stations. Some players its an easy fold because they always have A2cc or a boat. Against unknowns I'm just calling.