Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/5 KK from SB

ds2uared Posts: 275Subscriber
$800 eff. I just sat down at the table. Villain previously raised $15 preflop and got called in 4 spots.

MP limps. Villain in HJ raises to $15. Hero in SB 3-bets to $65 K K. Folds. Villain calls.

Pot $133. J 7 6 Hero bets $75. Villain calls.

Pot $283. 3 Hero checks. Villain takes a long time and checks.

2 Hero? Thoughts on turn check?

Comments

• Garland Posts: 267Subscriber
    edited June 11
    Your turn check is fine. You're not getting 2 streets of value unless he's stubborn w/ Q exactly. It's pot control, allow him to bluff or induce to bet a worse hand. I think the real question is how much value to bet on the river. I'd go $125. Interested to see what others would bet...
    by 1CycleV
  • CycleV Posts: 995Subscriber
    Definitely less that 1/2 pot. If we assume his calling range will come from the Q, T, or 9 of clubs (from AxQc or KxQc and pockets):

$100 gets called by every Q, 3 of 4 T, 2 of 4 9's, that's nine calls/12 hands=$67 EV.

$125 gets called by every Q, 3 of 4 T, and no 9's, then that's 7*125/12=$73.

$140 gets all Q, 2 T, no 9's is 6*140/12=$70.

So it doesn't matter much, assuming I'm close to correct guessing his calling range. But if you think he's stickier then go towards the $140 end. If he's older/MAWGy, then go 100.
  • ds2uared Posts: 275Subscriber
    Let's say for instance I mis posted this hand and it was the 7 on the flop. What do you think of my flop check then?
  • Garland Posts: 267Subscriber
    ds2uared said:
    Let's say for instance I mis posted this hand and it was the 7 on the flop. What do you think of my flop check then?
    Do you mean to say turn check? Because I'm always betting flop 7 or 7. If the flush card comes on the turn, I still check for the same reasons. And if the turn checks through, the river sizing can be a little bigger.

• ds2uared Posts: 275Subscriber
    Yea. I meant turn. Thanks for the response
  • CycleV Posts: 995Subscriber
    So the board was J76cc, then 3c. How many fd do you think he has, given pf action? The K and J are accounted for. AQ, AT, maybe 2 other Ax, and maybe QT or 87? Also how many 54s do you think he has? (Likely not many.) So really just 4-6 flushes. A couple more maxif you think he is loosy goosey.

Compare that to the number of Jx hands he has, and TT-88. Way more, and some of them have a club that can't say no to a small turn bet. The only concern with small turn bets is if it would induce an overplay spew by him. Up to you to decide if he's the type or not.