Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

QQ facing a open and 3 bet

GGG Posts: 1Member
edited June 11 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2 part question here: Main Villain in this hand is a fun player but rarely opens or 3 bets mostly limp calls. Previous to this hand he lost 3 pots in a row and is visually frustrated. We’re playing 2/3 with $450 eff stacks except for main villain only has $180 to start. Hand goes down like this:

Tag utg ($450)opens to $15 the main villain is UTG+1 and 3 bets to $40. We’re next to act with QQ, i Was between min clicking or flat calling with Tag utg opener and still many people to act, I decided to flat. What is the better play preflop here?

So I flat 2 others cold call 3 bet behind me, utg calls so 5 ways $200 flop is 972 rainbow. UTG checks, main villain jams $140 were next to act, as played Do we call, fold, or raise?

Tagged:

Comments

• Garland Posts: 216Subscriber
    When people go on tilt, their betting patterns and hand selection can and will change. As described, I'm definitely 4-betting QQ pre-flop to say $100-$110 to isolate against the tilting UTG+1. As played, you're not getting a much better flop than this. I don't think there's anything to do but go all-in.
    by 2GGG CycleV
  • CycleV Posts: 963Subscriber
    Yeah 4 bet all day and watch him spew off the rest of his stack.
  • workinghard Posts: 1,565Subscriber
    pre just call is fine. if opponents cold call 3 bets light, so be it but 4 betting w the utg already 5x pre, you're putting yourself in a dicey spot if he 5! your 4!. i line a 4! if you're oop. plus, you describe vil as limp call happy. so, what evidence do you have that he's not playing his standard game? just cause you daw him loose a couple hands? i think calling is still on w QQ but raising is an overplay. on the flop, short of spiking a Q, this is a golden flop. call. no need to raise as your call should look strong enough. if utg had TT, do you really want him to fold?