Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/$5 Turn Decision

ds2uared Posts: 369Subscriber
Local pro always raises preflop, rarely limps.

Button straddle. 3 limps.
Local pro raises to $30 in MP. Hero calls 9 9 in HJ. 4 callers. 6 ways to flop.

$173 Flop 8 7 5. Check, check, Pro checks, hero bets $100, only small blind calls, Pro folds.

$373 Turn J SB checks (~$250 behind), Hero?
Tagged:

Comments

• GarlandGarland Posts: 355Subscriber
    What are the pro, hero and other stack sizes? I would seriously entertain 3! to $100 pre-flop against villain as described (I assume not only does he not open limp, but he always raises pre-flop unless he's in the blinds). As played just move in and hope SB doesn't have T9 or J x. Plenty of flush and pair+straight draws to protect against.
    by 1CycleV
  • MattyB Posts: 55Subscriber
    Seems odd and weak that a pro would only open to 30 after 3 limps in a straddled pot. If that’s what happened, then this looks like an ideal spot to 3bet.
    by 1CycleV
  • ds2uared Posts: 369Subscriber
    MattyB said:
    Seems odd and weak that a pro would only open to 30 after 3 limps in a straddled pot. If that’s what happened, then this looks like an ideal spot to 3bet.
    It was odd. Especially because in previous situations his sizing was appropriate (2 limps, he'd make it $55 regularly). It's actually what froze me and when I get confused, I call. I considered a 3!, too.

With abnormally small sizing do you tend to get more aggressive? Should I be 3! to thin the field?

• ds2uared Posts: 369Subscriber
    Garland said:
    What are the pro, hero and other stack sizes?
    Pro $1,200, Hero $900+ if I recall correctly.
    Garland said:
    Plenty of flush and pair+straight draws to protect against.
    I don't consider blockers too often, but I was very aware I was blocking the nuts and at least J9. I'm also double gutted. He could call with a pair and a straight draw or fold out his equity right now, which is always welcomed.

I was worried about some JT that might have called the flop and of course the JX and didn't know how to balance that with how many draws I don't want him to see the river with cheaply.

Spoiler:
    I shoved. K J River bricked.

• hustlin Posts: 308Subscriber
    jamming here to get value from a flush draws. + pair + straight draws. board is too wet to check it back . Protect your equity in this hand and jam!!
  • MattyB Posts: 55Subscriber
    ds2uared said:

It was odd. Especially because in previous situations his sizing was appropriate (2 limps, he'd make it $55 regularly). It's actually what froze me and when I get confused, I call. I considered a 3!, too.

With abnormally small sizing do you tend to get more aggressive? Should I be 3! to thin the field?

3-bet isolates him and thins the field from the J8o and J7s type hands that are in SB’s range. Looking at this hand, yeah, it makes a ton of sense.

I don’t always 3-bet in these spots when I see weird sizing, but that’s also a leak of mine and we should be 3-betting here - no? Anyone disagree?

Seems highly unlikely the pro is holding anything premium with this sizing in a straddled pot. If he is, you’ll hear about it PF when it gets back to him.