Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

$2/5 Shrug Call?

ds2uared Posts: 264Subscriber
edited June 17 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Villain is super loose preflop. He talks about poker while playing and it's not...well thought out. He's on a bit of a rush.

UTG calls. Hero raises UTG+1 A A to $25. Villain calls in MP1. Small blind calls. UTG folds.

$75. Flop K85 :r:. Check. Hero bets $35. Villain calls. Fold.

$145. Turn 7. Hero bets $90. Villain calls.

$325. River T. Hero bets $125. Villain moves all-in for $342 total. Can I fold here?
Tagged:

Comments

• Garland Posts: 220Subscriber
    He's telling you he has KT, a set, 96 or 64. I would probably default to a fold. I like the flop and turn bets. I would probably bet a little more on the river, say $140-$145 targeting all his Kx hands.
  • JLBJ Posts: 158Subscriber
    This is painful, but lacking any other read, I think you have to fold.

Is he turning 76 into a bluff? He can’t be raising all-in with just a king, right?

Super loose preflop doesn’t mean super loose for a river raise.
  • jojacks Posts: 61Subscriber
    Your hand looks a lot like what it is...1 big pair. Is this player sophisticated enough to recognize that and try to get you off of it? (It doesn't sound like it.) Even getting better than 3.5-1 I think it's a fold.

Also, I would tend to size up the flop a little more ($45-$50). Kx isn't folding, and I think a lot of players will still call at least once with 8x and 99-QQ to see what you do on the turn.
  • hustlin Posts: 289Subscriber
    sick but u can muck it. many 2 pairs. looks like K10 lol.
  • ds2uared Posts: 264Subscriber
    jojacks said:
    Also, I would tend to size up the flop a little more ($45-$50). Kx isn't folding, and I think a lot of players will still call at least once with 8x and 99-QQ to see what you do on the turn.
    This comment actually stands out for me because the turn pot is bigger and I get to bet a little more.
    Garland said:
    I would probably bet a little more on the river, say $140-$145 targeting all his Kx hands.
    @Garland Can I fold after this sizing?
  • LatvianMissile Posts: 64Subscriber
    If he's a guy that's talked about jamming with say trips and top kicker, I think you can call getting like 3.5-1. But I'd lean towards a fold here lacking anything else and if he's jamming with just a K then we can get him later.
  • Garland Posts: 220Subscriber
    edited June 23
    ds2uared said:
    jojacks said:

[quote="Garland;119307"]I would probably bet a little more on the river, say $140-$145 targeting all his Kx hands.
    @Garland Can I fold after this sizing?
    The same principles apply if you were raised after betting $125 or $140-$145. Yes of course you'd be getting better river odds if you bet a little more, but I don't like the mindset of choosing a bet sizing because I can call off if raised. I would fold either way.