Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 multiway hand

Fish Fryer Posts: 161Member
Here is a hand that I have been pondering for a while. Still not sure what the best action is...

I've been at the table about 45 minutes. Pretty card dead and I have $440. V in the hand is a crazy, older Asian guy that has 2k, seems to call everything and straddles each orbit. He hasn't made it to showdown yet with a hand and a player I am friendly with told me that the guy won a big pot earlier with a weird hand.

I'm in the bb with JTss. 6 players limp to the button, who is pretty laggy, who raises to 25. V in the sb calls, I call, and we take the flop 8 ways. Yes, 8 ways.

Flop (200) QdJhTh. V in the small blind bets 100, hero? Action and why?

Comments

• chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    oooohhhh. kinda gross. but i actually think this is a fold. you're oop and have a hand that is unlikely to improve against a lot of other players that could have you in bad shape. AK / QQ / QJ / QT / 89 have you crushed. other hands like AQ / hh / KQ / T9 / KJ have a ton of equity. a lot of these hands are typically played as a limp/call from a lot of players. when someone leads into 8 people on this board, it is very unlikely your JT is ahead, not only of the player who bet, but there are 6 live players behind you. and i hate calling off $100 and then folding to further aggression.
  • DavidChan Posts: 1,208Pro
    Tank for a long time and get a sense for how people behind you will act. If no one behind you seems strong, then I would probably call and re-evaluate the turn. If anyone behind us looks way too interested in the pot, I would fold. I don't think Villain has us beat here that often, but we do have to be worried about someone behind us having K9s/QJ/QT/98.
  • NicholasK Posts: 237Member
    Tough spot. I'm not sure if I personally have the chops to read 8 unknown villains to make this call. I think it's time to self evaluate and see if you are capable of making the reads oop with this hand would require. I would fold.
  • ThatOtherJeremy Posts: 314Member
    This is tough because if you call, are you just going to have to fold if someone behind jams? Compounding the difficulty is the potential amount of dead money up for grabs...this is a spot where people can get spazzy with a range of hands. I like DCs idea, but the sheer number of players makes the realization of gauging everyones interest somewhat bleak. I wish we were deeper here...personally, I just don't think I'm good enough to play this if I somehow make it to the turn without getting re-popped. Sadly, Im probably folding.