Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Choose your value bet: Part 1 Thick Value

GarlandGarland Posts: 355Subscriber
edited June 24 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Stakes: $3/$5 $300-$1500 ($500 cap betting)

Pre-flop ($8): Loose passive UTG Indian limps (covers), I !25 with 8 8 ($815), loose passive MAWG SB (covers) calls, UTG calls.

Flop ($80 - 3 players): 9 8 7 xx $50 both call.

Turn ($230 - 3 players): 4. xx $175, SB tanks a little and calls, UTG folds.

River ($580 - 2 players): A, SB checks, I bet ???

Comments

• jojacks Posts: 86Subscriber
    I think it's tough for him to have a lot of hands that will call $250-$300, so you may as well cap it and hope that it looks bluffy or that he managed to spike Aces up.
    by 1CycleV
  • ds2uared Posts: 369Subscriber
    SB effective stack?

At first I hated this Ace. But after a moment, I think it's great for Hero. It pairs the Ace-high front and backdoor draws. No straights come in.

I do think the way the hand played out, it's quite possible you've flopped a big hand from villain's perspective. And if villain holds something less than a pair of Aces, he's folding to a bet anyhow. So, I want to target his paired Aces mostly, especially because he can have some ATo, A9o, A6s or unsuited, and of course a lot of flush draws.

The pot is big and sometimes to Loose Passive MAWG absolute dollars matter more on the river than what is relative to the pot. In conclusion, I like bet of $250-$275. I think a lot of paired aces will start to fold for much more than that and there aren't many other calling/nutted hands to target anyhow.
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 355Subscriber
    ds2uared said:
    SB effective stack?
    Sorry, I forgot some details in a rush. I edited my post. Both villains covered me.
  • CycleV Posts: 1,096Subscriber
    imo if he's calling 300 he's calling 400 at least, so I'd start there and work my way up. Go a bit less than 500 to make it look like you're saving some money if your bluff gets called?
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 355Subscriber
    edited June 27
    Spoiler:
    I bet $175, got snapped called and immediately knew I screwed up this bet. I should have bet big, maybe $400-$500 like people suggested. He declared he had 97 and stated he was afraid I might have JT. Thanks for everyone's thoughts.