Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Bet the turn?

GlennJones Posts: 158Subscriber
Game is 2/3 NL, $300 cap at the Bike on a Saturday night. Typical loose passive lineup of rec players. Effective stacks around $250. Hero covers.

Hero raises JJ UTG $15. CO calls. Pot after the drop $29.

Flop Ts4h6s. I bet $25. CO calls ($79).

Turn Ac. I check, CO checks.

My question here is should I be continuing the turn for value? There are lots of spade draws and some straight draws that villain can have. Yes, turn hits AsXs hands, but there are so many other suited hands that villain could be continuing with here.

Thoughts? Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• GarlandGarland Posts: 355Subscriber
    edited July 5
    I like a turn check for pot control. Most of your villain’s range is 1-pair. As played, barring a river K, Q or T, I’m going for some thin value on the river, maybe $30-$35.

Small point that doesn’t really impact my analysis too much: do you have the J?
  • GlennJones Posts: 158Subscriber
    Garland said:
    Small point that doesn’t really impact my analysis too much: do you have the J?
    I did not.

I'm not a real fan of checking for pot control in a cash game. If I'm going to get called by a draw, it will be on the turn, not the river, so (IMHO) the turn is the place where I can extract more value if Villain is on a draw.