Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Rio/Pavilion 5-10 KJs in LJ Gets 3-Bet, Flops Top Two

PokerShaman Posts: 57Subscriber
edited July 7 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Cash game section of the Rio Pavilion Room last week at the WSOP. Effective stack is $2500. No info on villain.
Folded to hero in the LJ, K J , raises to 30. Action folds to CO, who 3-bets 80. Hero calls. Two players; 175 in pot.

Flop K J:d: 3

Hero checks, villain bets 75, hero raises to 250, villain calls 175. Two players; 675 in pot.

Turn 3

Do we continue betting? If so, how large?

On the one hand, there are a lot of cards that are bad for us, either by improving villain's hand or by killing action: Broadway cards, diamonds. On the other, AA (6 combos) has just outdrawn us. What worse hands are going to call if we fire again, Diamond draws? AQ? AK? KQ? We block KK and JJ, and villain is unlikely to hold 33 (although I suppose two combos of suited A3 are possible, if their 3-betting range is polarized (but would the villain have called the flop checkraise with A3?)

Comments

• unomaas Posts: 9Subscriber
    I like checking back here for pot control.
  • fishcake Posts: 951Subscriber
    Bet!!!!!
  • ds2uared Posts: 264Subscriber
    I think you can bet am expect to be called by worse Kings. AK and KQ just saw the board essentially not change as far as they are concerned. I'm also more likely to assign a smaller 3 bet preflop to AK rather than AA if I'm close on a decision. But that just might be my player pool. I see no reason to slow down with top2 after he calls your check-raise.
  • CraftBeerWizard Posts: 38Subscriber
    Only 2 combos of sets and 6 combos of AA that beat us. We still smash AK/AQ like ds2uared says. I'd bet 450, around 2/3 pot.
    by 1CycleV
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    I like to go smaller , like 250-300.