Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

How Do I Structure Hands Facing 3bet OOP?

ds2uared Posts: 264Subscriber
I have noticed lately I have been much more active 3betting as my bankroll has grown and I have become more comfortable playing larger pots. However, I also have been flatting 3bets OOP way too much lately.

What hands should I be flatting with Hero in EP v. Villain in MP?
MP to LP?
LP v. LP?

I tend to play a bit looser than Ki might recommend for ranges. I'll open Q8s and QJo from the LoJack for instance. How do I take that into account?
Tagged:
by 1MattyB

Comments

• Garland Posts: 219Subscriber
    This question is a bit too broad for me to answer and you could write an essay on this topic. I will say I'm never opening Q8s from LJ and consider QJo from LJ to be a marginal bottom of range open.
  • neutron212neutron212 Posts: 13Subscriber
    Take a look at Ki Lee Fast Track Poker series pre flop 2.0
  • CycleV Posts: 964Subscriber
    I won't talk about your opening ranges, that's up to you, but at most $5 and below games, you shouldn't be getting 3! very much. If you are, the easiest adjustment is to open less. This allows you to defend more (either via 4! or simply calling) since you'll have better hands. I know that's a boring answer, but I'm a keep it simple guy (usually, when I'm not on entitlement tilt, anyway).

Another Captian Obvious thought but I mention just in case: as action is going around the table, don't ever look to your right. They'll tell you want you need to know by how many chips they put in the middle. You should be looking to your left, which from time to time will give you extra info to know whether your raise is OK or lighting money on fire.
  • f2anc Posts: 3Subscriber
    edited July 10
    If you're opening Q8s and QJo type of hands and get 3bet on your left, I'd dump those hands as a call and continue with a tighter range OOP in 3bet pot with hands that have good play-ability.

If I open CO with 22+, A2s+, K8s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, 54s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo and get 3bet by BU, my continue range is TT-55, AQs-ATs, KTs+, QTs+, J9s+, T9s, 98s, 87s, AQo-AJo, KQo, although obviously making some adjustments based on player type and what I think their 3bet strategy is. I'd have a polar 4bet strategy here too, JJ+, AKs, A9s-A8s, A5s-A2s, 86s, AKo
  • Superfly Posts: 220Subscriber
    FYI. Attaching some notes I took from Ki’s Fast Track videos on responding to 3 bets.