Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live Call-ins 227: "Mega 2 Hour Post WSOP Episode"

BartBart Posts: 5,994AdministratorLeadPro
This week bart is back from the 2019 WSOP and takes ten calls on a wide ranging variety of topic including a 25-50 deep stack hand and a hand from the Main Event.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/podcasts/mega-2-hour-post-wsop-episode
Tagged:

Comments

• thnkpositive Posts: 26Subscriber
    edited July 16
    Hey Bart, at around 14:40 of this podcast you talk about getting into an awkward spot 3 betting a 6x open over a limp because the pot will already be so big and you will be OOP.
    I know because of time limitations that this was kind of brushed over, but I think this topic for discussion is really interesting and cuts to the heart of why opening 4x+ is such a terrible idea in theory, even if it's good at live tables because no one 3 bets.
    At $540 stacks the point where you've put in so much of your stack such that you can no longer fold to a jam is $162. If you make it $120 over a 6x here villain cannot 4 bet without 4 bet jamming, and he's getting a pretty terrible price on the 4 bet jam. I would say you can make the situation even worse for him by 3 betting to just $100 in this spot, he still has no room to 4 bet you and you will get much better realization on the hands that you 3 bet.
    Wouldn't this dynamic make you want to 3 bet MORE not LESS vs these stupidly large raise sizes that happen in live poker at 100 bbs?
    This is all assuming that peoples opening ranges don't change when they 6x. Obviously if the guy is 6x'ing aces and 4x'ing his weaker hands you wouldn't want to 3 bet that.
  • RecreationalRogerRecreationalRoger Posts: 770Subscriber
    in the 25-50 hand i got lost. I thought board ran out 9 2 2 6 T and that V had A2, Hero had KK, but hero said he won?
  • BartBart Posts: 5,994AdministratorLeadPro
    He lost..