Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

RobFarha AMA

Hey guys, as I mentioned in the podcast thought it would be cool to have an AMA style podcast.

Please keep it within the general theme of the podcast, poker life/general life stuff, no strategy and keep the trolling to a minimum.

Comments

• PokerShaman Posts: 65Subscriber
    Where is the best place to play 2/5 in Las Vegas?

In many local poker markets, the choices for regular games are 1/2 or 1/3 raketraps and 2/5, with bigger games only spread once per week or less. With little or no room to move down and almost none to move up, conventional Kelly-style bankroll management is difficult. What's the best advice you can give someone for bankroll managment in such a poker market?
  • unhcp Posts: 1Subscriber
    Play 1/2 or 1/3 i know i know, need to move up. I am a tight passive nit, my vpip is very low etc etc. I want to be more aggressive but I feel like when i play aggressive people just slow play cause they know I will bet which I usually do cause I either have something or the board says I should have something. I watch other winning players and they just seem to be betting, check-raising more then me. What advice can you give someone who's trying to be more aggressive?
  • floater Posts: 68Subscriber
    1. How about Part 2 of your last podcast on categorizing and pointing out more of those actions
    really good podcast.
    2. Would like to hear about table selection
    Love pokershaman's where the best place in LV to play 2/5
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,004Subscriber
    1) There has been a lot of conversation about Solvers (Pio/GTO+) around the CLP community lately, and a lot of people seem to be of the opinion that while spending time looking at balanced solutions is helpful at 2/5 and below, there are better/more efficient ways to study and improve one's game than that. What are your thoughts?

2) It seemed like you were working to transition out of poker almost completely, taking computer programming courses and considering a move to that field. But now it seems you're more or less an "online pro". Is that an accurate assessment? What happened? Still have plans to transition away?

3) It seemed your trip to Thailand was everything you had hoped for and more. Plans to go back? Ever consider moving there? Other travels around the world while you're still single?
  • laphonso Posts: 70Subscriber
    Would love more trip details from SE Asia- you should go back and do the loop of Thailand->Cambodia-> Saigon-> up coast in small Vietnam towns to hanoi-> Laos-> back to Thailand.

More Thai details please- totally solo? Hotels? Hostels? Partying?
  • StreetFighterStreetFighter Posts: 158Subscriber
    What are some tips on diversifying income streams using skills gained from pokerz?

• MisterWolfMisterWolf Posts: 13Subscriber
    1) How much time do you spend studying the game versus playing on the table, and what do you think the optimum ratio should be?

2) Does using a HUD when playing online offer a significant advantage? Are you worried about bots or eventual AIs?

3) Will you be taking more tournament “shots” as your bankroll increases?
  • Dmmsmc Posts: 2Subscriber
    Who are some of your favorite CLP content producers (besides yourself) and what specific videos and/or podcasts have you found to be most helpful?
  • CajunDragonCajunDragon Posts: 173Member
    edited July 26
    What does your GO TO pre-poker session meal consist of (list approx macros if not too much trouble). I'm guessing it's not nachos!?! With more education being available and game edges getting smaller, I feel like nutrition and proper sleep is probably overlooked way too often.

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler