Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Exploiting Active 3 betters with wide 4bets

MattM Posts: 39Subscriber
How can we exploit very active 3 betters? Im coming across players that are 3 betting instead of flatting almost entirely. What hands can we choose to 4bet bluff? What 3bet sizings are they using that indicate weakness or fear? (i.e. when a player puts in a massive 3bet it tends to be TT,JJ,QQ). What sizings indicate more strength?

Comments

• FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,376Subscriber
    This is a subject that you need some good understanding of frequencies and betting adjustments. I suggest you get a book on it or go to a study site that shows the math. Very important to understand this stuff. It is too much for me to type.

But a general idea to get you started.....

If the 3b and call 4bs your range should be better than theirs IP and much better than theirs OOP.
    If they 3b and fold 4bs then your range is polarized to include some bluff hands that don't fall into their 3b and call 4b range.
    If you are talking about tough opposition that knows what they are doing then you need to understand theory and math in these spots. You need to call or 4b often enough to where you don't get exploited.

Now if this 3ber is a constant pain in the ass driving away profit and fish from the table this solution is the easiest.... move tables.

Otherwise it's a big subject.
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,399Subscriber
    Are you speaking of players choosing to 3b you actively, or are they constantly 3b the field? There can be a subtle difference. What have you seen at showdown? Are they 3b with strong ranges or something more polarized? You'll respond differently to a strong range vs a polarized range.