Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

First time accused of slow-rolling. Opinions?

GarlandGarland Posts: 314Subscriber
edited August 19 in Low Content Forum
Been playing for 20 years and never accused of slow-rolling. I don't think this was a slow-roll, but obviously I'm biased. Here's how the action breaks down in my eyes.

Playing $2/$5 NL in foreign location, Cincinnati, OH:

Button has $800 effective stack.

Pre-flop ($7 - 9 players) - Player open-raises $15 on the button, SB calls, I 3!$65 from BB with A A, only button calls.

Flop ($145 - 2 players) Q 9 7. I bet $75, button raises to $160, I ask to see his stack and it appears he has $600 left, and I just call.

Turn ($465 - 2 players) 9. I check, he bets $230 and I just call again after a few seconds thought.

River ($925 - 2 players) T. I check, he bets $300 (not quite all-in), and I snap call.

He immediately flips over ATo. I take no more than 5 seconds to evaluate his hand value and then flip over my hand. Button says "What a slow-roll". Another player chimes in a second later and says "yeah, that's kind of a slow-roll". Then another 2 players at the table defend me saying I did nothing wrong saying they thought button had a full house by the betting action.

From my point of view, I don't want to table my hand if I'm beaten and was making certain he didn't have the monster he's representing. I thought it was more sour grapes from button that his bluff didn't through and/or gave his hopes up that his T was perhaps the best hand. Don't understand why he bet the river when he hit his T, but not really the point of the post.

Slow-roll?
Slow-roll?
  1. Is this a slow-roll?9 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%

Comments

• BartBart Posts: 5,917AdministratorLeadPro
    edited August 19
    Were you trying to "show the button up" by pausing and making it seem like he had won the pot? If not, its not a slowroll. It's all what your intention was not what your opponent perceived it to be. Just say, "I wasnt slowrolling you, I was just reading the hand". People that actually slowroll will never deny that they are slowrolling, as it defeats the purpose of the act.

Ive given my views on this subject many times. People accuse others of "slowrolling" them because they know that they arent supposed to get mad at a bad beat or just losing in general but its accepted that you can get angry when someone slowrolls you. So thus they just make up the fact that you are slowrolling. I wouldnt think twice about it. Its similar to someone being like "You called with just a flush draw" after you make a hand and extract full value from them on the river. Bart
  • JS84 Posts: 31Subscriber
    Definitely not a slow roll. Tens and nines look similar from a distance, and given the action (he bets, you snap, he immediately turns over his cards) it's not unreasonable to think you might have run into trips.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,086Subscriber
    Bart will no doubt be surprised but I don't think this is a slowroll either. I have many times hesitated looking for the winning hand before I showed my hand.

• BartBart Posts: 5,917AdministratorLeadPro
    Thehammah said:
    Bart will no doubt be surprised but I don't think this is a slowroll either. I have many times hesitated looking for the winning hand before I showed my hand.

You know why I tagged you @thehammah :lol:
  • IndyJoe Posts: 3Subscriber
    I was actually at the table during this hand (seat 6). This was nowhere near a slow roll, this guy was trying to impress the pretty Asian girl sitting next to him, and he was embarrassed. Nice hand and session!
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 314Subscriber
    edited August 20
    IndyJoe said:
    I was actually at the table during this hand (seat 6). This was nowhere near a slow roll, this guy was trying to impress the pretty Asian girl sitting next to him, and he was embarrassed. Nice hand and session!
    Thanks, IndyJoe. They left the table a few times together, so I thought they were an item. Were you the player that was overflushed against the player on my left (button) K x? I think you had 4 5 and there was a bet-raise action on flop, but action shut down completely after the board paired on the turn?
  • Superfly Posts: 314Subscriber
    Some of us are just slower than others. It’s happened to me before when someone turns over something unexpected. It takes me a few seconds to piece it together and confirm I won.
  • CycleV Posts: 1,024Subscriber
    The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
  • IndyJoe Posts: 3Subscriber
    Garland said:
    IndyJoe said:
    Thanks, IndyJoe. They left the table a few times together, so I thought they were an item. Were you the player that was overflushed against the player on my left (button) K x? I think you had 4 5 and there was a bet-raise action on flop, but action shut down completely after the board paired on the turn?
    That was me! A little light opening the 45s utg
    by 1Bart