Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Drawing thin

justfourfun Posts: 191Subscriber
HPT $350 buy in 15,000 starting stack
level 12

Hero 75,000 to start hand, V= 26,000

Hero just moved to table no read on Villian

Blinds 800/1600 with 1600 BB ante

Hero opens middle position to 4800 with Ks Qd. V in BB calls [pot: 12,000]

Flop: As Jc 9s.

V x, Hero bets 9000 and V check raise shoves his remaining stack of 19,600

Hero?

Thoughts on sizing of flop bet?

Comments

• justfourfun Posts: 191Subscriber
    I made this post after finishing with 151,000 chips day 1A from a starting stack of 15,000. Day 2 was then yesterday and I chopped 6 ways for $24,400!!
    by 1crux
  • LatvianMissile Posts: 151Subscriber
    This one is close because if you feel like you have an edge on the field, I'd take that and fold. But I think I'd mostly lean towards calling getting 3:1. I've seen V's do this with A3o, but also 76ss or V could even have something like QT that you're actually ahead of and you block on of V's outs. Even if he has JsXs you still have outs.
  • CashPlease Posts: 5Subscriber
    edited August 31
    I think 4 to 6k post flop accomplishes the same fold as 9k, so you should risk less in case it doesn't work. Facing the shove I snap fold. You can find better spots later, especially if you have some type of edge on field.

Edit: added last sentence after reading Latvians reply
  • justfourfun Posts: 191Subscriber
    edited September 8
    Spoiler:
    I agree with Cash Please that a flop bet of 6k gets same result so why not bet less?

I think I am getting more than 3 to 1 here: [12k preflop + 18k when V calls my 9k bet = 30k of dead money then another 10,600 bet by V so 10,600 from me to win 51,200, right? 10,600/51,200 = 20.7%, 4:1. So ignoring the "better spots" argument if my equity is over 20.7 % I should call.

I am an advocate of the "better spots" argument so this seemingly easy call was tough and I considered folding. I've thought about this hand alot and thought about the $25,000 I won in this tournament. My in hand read was that V had an A which he did: V had Ac Td.

I think this is a must call spot. I probably should have made a smaller bet on the flop so that I could fold when V jams on the flop but as played I think I have to call. I have a 16.36 % equity hand here. Less than I need since 20.7% above. In the hand I computed 20% equity, 4% per T (V had a T) and 4% for backdoor nut flush draw.

The reason I think this is a must call is that V should be completing in the BB fairly wide so any spade spade hand or Q T, T 8 hand is also jamming. V jamming with a K J also seems possible.

So... the more I think about this hand I like the call. Folding equity can be a mistake
    by 1crux
  • Laisin Posts: 1Member
    I like it