Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Aria $1/2 PLO — is V bluffing the river?

AdAsKd2h on button

$1600 effective

Villain (UTG) has been open raising about 30-40%, has the biggest stack. Opens a lot in early position. Almost never limps, plays very aggressive once in a pot.

V opens for $15, 2 callers, Hero 3! To $80 V calls, all fold.

Flop ($195) Jc2c2s. V x, H bets $150 V call

Turn ($495) 7c x x

R ($495) 6d. V pots $495. Hero??

Comments

• TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 302Subscriber
    edited November 8
    Ugh I think you should call here. Your check OTT could signal to the V that you only have Aces, when in reality you have a much better bluff catching hand, as you remove a lot of value combos he can have. Yes, you're going to occasionally run into clubs here, but his pot bet OTR smells move like a "push this guy off Aces" than someone seeking value from a flush on a paired board.
  • JoneseyJonesey Posts: 130Subscriber
    edited November 8
    Thanks boss. I really had a tough time with this one trying to put him on a hand. I was a bit concerned he had clubs but it just smelled like a bluff. I checked the turn to make any V river bet smaller so I could call. Glad I’m not the only one who thinks it’s ok to call. I called, he showed AKJx with the lone A clubs. He bets the turn I probably fold.
  • TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 302Subscriber
    Nice call @Jonesey glad we got to see results. He played his hand like shit too, happy you benefited haha. If we examine his play, he really should be turning his hand into a bluff on the turn to force you off your AAxx or KKxx range, and he'll likely need two barrels to do so. Also he should consider the fact that your AAxx or KKxx range can contain some 2's in them, and he will have a chance to push those hands out as well b/c you will have a harder time filling up. But he has to bet turn to be credible. He blocks JJxx so his hand is a perfect candidate to attack your range. Don't make the same mistake he did in future hands.
  • JoneseyJonesey Posts: 130Subscriber
    Thanks so much. I always learn from you. Back at it tonight!