Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Flopped flush facing a turn lead

kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 431Subscriber
2/5 900 eff

V is in the BB. Rec player. VPs a ton. Calls PF raises pretty light. Seems to fast play his good hands.

H open UTG2 20 w/ Q T , MP call, BB call

Flop (60) 8 6 4 x, H35, fold, BB call

Turn (130) 7 V leads 50, H calls(?)

River (230) 2 V 110, Hero?

Comments

• LatvianMissile Posts: 146Subscriber
    Turn I like a raise to 110. If he has a straight he probably still has a hard time folding. If you know the V and think he may fold to a raise, then I'd just flat.

As played, I think we raise-fold river. I'd bump it to 330.
  • FriendlyFish Posts: 116Member
    How likely is he going to call with a straight or over play a smaller flush (i.e jam if you raise) are 2 important factors to consider before raising. With no reads im making it 235$
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 431Subscriber
    edited November 9
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Spoiler:
    H raised the river 275. V flashed 58 and folded. Not the most eventful of hands. Just feels like a min click ott or even otr would have been better. Maybe that's been results oriented though.
  • Superfly Posts: 429Subscriber
    Kaboojie, I agree with you and others. I think a min click on turn and 50% PSB on river might allow you to eak out a tad more money. On this board I don’t see him calling or bluffing with a worse hand than a straight, so targeting straights and smaller flushes and fast playing seems better than slow.

We block a lot of the nutty two-club flush combos he would just flat with pre, which gives us confidence we have the best hand and should focus on extracting value.
  • fishcake Posts: 990Subscriber
    Not raising the turn here is a big mistake imo. I think you should blast it over his 50.
    by 1crux
  • BeauMoore Posts: 15Subscriber
    I think turn needs to be raised, we're losing too much value by flatting. Think we should raise this river to $250ish. A 3x sizing gives us pretty good pot odds if V shoves, Id rather bet smaller, maybe get some extra value from his weaker hands and we can also fold more comfortably.

• fishcake Posts: 990Subscriber
    I'm not folding this flush if I raise turn no way.
    by 1crux