Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

5/5 4bet Pot, UTG vs BTN

crux Posts: 54Subscriber
Villain in the hand is MAWG, tight pre, pretty straightforward post.

Hero is UTG, $630 effective K K opens to $15 (standard open).
Two field callers, BTN ($2k) 3! $65. Blinds fold
Hero 4! $150. Folds to BTN, tanks ~1min and calls.

Flop ($340) A K 6
Hero ?

Thoughts on preflop 4! size?

Spoiler:

Hero open shoves $480.
V tanks and tosses in a chip.
Turn is A and V shows A K
Hero mucks.

I don't like my preflop raise here, at all. In game I was thinking that if V 5! shoved I could lay down the hand as it's exclusively AA and have more to keep playing with, but that if he called I was pretty sure it was going to be AK or maybe QQ. Blame it on a couple weeks of run-bad and playing a little spooked, I guess. I think I should have raised to something like $225 at least, or just shoved, but that could just be results oriented hoping I would get AK to fold.
Tagged:

Comments

• kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 465Subscriber
    I'd prob 4! 160-170, but I doubt a 150 sizing changes much.

The spr really limits what we can do here. I think I would check and go for a delayed cbet shove. I think that's better than just shoving the flop. It might induce V to shove AK otf. Also, hands like AQ might feel better about a call ott.
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 465Subscriber
    Just read the results.

Spoiler:
    I think you are being a bit results oriented. The A is just the worse card for you. I wouldn't change what you did pre (other than size up slightly) I also don't think the shove otf is that bad. Just a shitty run out
  • crux Posts: 54Subscriber
    Appreciate the feedback.
    I have limited experience w/ 4 bets, so was unsure about the sizing here.

I would often check all my sets OTF or make a small bet, and in hindsight maybe that was the better move.
    I don't think the shove was unprofitable in the long run, though.
  • raspaz Posts: 11Member
    edited November 24
    Sizing preflop seems a bit small but not a big deal (would go 160-175)

I think if you want to check back you should use AA since it blocks so much of btn's calling range.

As played i'd be looking to go two streets with the current stack to pot ratio.

Cbetting 150 would setup turns nicely (half pot shove on the turn).

As an aside you should not be 4bet/folding regardless of recent runbad for this stack size vs pretty much anyone.