Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5/10 Bluff this river?

ClockClock Posts: 1,132Subscriber
2/5 1K cap game
Round of straddles currently on.

V is a tight & nitty older reg.
He must have been running great, cause he has huge stack 3K+, definitely winning.

Straddle, 3 limps (horrific donks), HERO (1100) raises to 70 with K J in SB, V (covers) calls in BB, limpers fold.
Flop (180) Q 9 3 - HERO I bet 130, V calls
Turn (440) 7 - HERO bets 250, V tanks forever, but finally calls.
River (940) 4

Tripple this run out vs this specific villain or no?
Is yes - sizing? (650 left)

Tagged:

Comments

• Steveo76 Posts: 72Subscriber
    I say go all-in. It's good that you have the Js in your hand. That coupled with the less than 3 to 1 pot odds he called for on the turn makes it unlikely he was drawing at a flush. I'm guessing he's holding on with top pair and taking his profile into consideration, I think he'll let it go facing a shove.
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 465Subscriber
    edited November 19
    I wouldn’t. I think I would have given up the turn. V likely has a good hand here. He cold called your 14x raise pre then called the Cbet.

One thing that makes the triple barrel compelling tho is he could be in lock down with his huge stack and be playing even tighter than normal. That said, I would still pass on this one.

Sorry, I just noticed the straddle was on. The raise was 7x. It still looks like a “tight and nitty older reg” should be pretty strong tho. I would still give it up.
    by 1crux
  • LatvianMissile Posts: 167Subscriber
    I don't think you have many hands here that are better. KJ with Ks. I think this guy has mostly Qs in his range. Not sure if he's going to fold for less than a pot sized bet, but if he's nitty he's not calling without a flush, a set or maybe AQ although that may be folded as well.

Preflop: Raising KJo is going to depend on the table. I may limp it if there's calling stations that limped in. It's not going to play well post flop OOP.
  • ClockClock Posts: 1,132Subscriber
    kaboojie said:
    I wouldn’t. I think I would have given up the turn. V likely has a good hand here.
    What kind of "good hand" are you putting V on though?
    AQ is certainly a "good hand", or are you putting him on more than that?

• GarlandGarland Posts: 391Subscriber
    Don't really like the isolation attempt with KJo from SB in this multi-limp scenario, but you got limpers to fold even after BB called which is impressive. You managed to get it heads up, so it can't be too bad a raise. Shutting down after called on flop. I put villain on AQ, maybe KQ or possibly QJ if he tanked forever like you mentioned on turn. Not trying to get AQ/KQ to fold on the river.
    by 1crux
    Garland said:
    Not trying to get AQ/KQ to fold on the river.
    So, if you have A A or K K in this spot, are you shoving river for value? 99?

• GarlandGarland Posts: 391Subscriber
    Clock said:
    Garland said:
    Not trying to get AQ/KQ to fold on the river.
    So, if you have A A or K K in this spot, are you shoving river for value? 99?

Of course I would with all the hands you mentioned, but the only question I'm trying to ask right now: will villain fold the hands I'm putting him on? You would need to give me some illustrative examples of this guy making some serious exploitative folds before I would entertain making this river bluff.
  • crux Posts: 54Subscriber
    A little tough, but I agree with @kaboojie and @Garland that I would give up on this one, probably after the turn bet.

A little V dependent, but I could go either way on him tightening up with his stack or loosening up.
    There are levels of tight/nitty, and even those guys can loosen up with a $3k stack in front of them. The tank on the turn would make me wary of a hand like A K or A 9 if he flats that from the BB.

On the other hand, it is helpful that you have the J in your hand, as it takes away other potential flatting hands of AJ or KJ that might call the turn bet. Maybe the tanked call OTT is something like a set of nines that will fold to the front door flush OTR?

If you do barrel, it's gotta be all-in. Anything less it's too likely V will call down with even top pair, I think.
    Spoiler:

HERO shoved. V had A K