Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Play bad Line With A Monster hand

Liveshark Posts: 5Subscriber
I'm in bb with Ac6d9d8c and comes to me 20 to call with 3 callers. Flop comes Ah6c3c. I'm first to act and I check. I solid reg leads out 60. I call with effective stacks 700, everyone else fold. Reg have me covered. Now I just called because reg like to bet all good draws and good hands when checked to him. Should I just lead out first most of the time here? Should have reraised once bet into?

I just didn't want to bet him off the worst drawing hand or run to his better range like a set. I felt like I played to passive

Comments

• LatvianMissile Posts: 173Subscriber
    What position is reg in and how many people are left to act after you? What are the blinds and who raised pre?

I think this is just a call, but I'd probably lead out with top 2 to get value from worse flush draws and straight draws or even A3.
  • Liveshark Posts: 5Subscriber
    LatvianMissile said:
    What position is reg in and how many people are left to act after you? What are the blinds and who raised pre?

I think this is just a call, but I'd probably lead out with top 2 to get value from worse flush draws and straight draws or even A3.
    My bad about leaving information out, still new to posting hands. Its 1/3 plo, 3 people left to act behind me. Villian is in late mp
  • JoneseyJonesey Posts: 140Subscriber
    slowplaying in PLO is even more dangerous than slow playing in NLHE. That rope you're trying to let the villain use on himself is the rope you'll lose a big pot with. Bet your hands. If they don't have enough to call, then take the small pot and move on. Never give free cards. A bad draw with few outs can't fold if you don't bet. Plus in the unlikely event you're up against a stronger hand (like a set of aces) you can only discover this by betting out.
  • TerpHimselfTerpHimself Posts: 307Subscriber
    The issue I see with this spot @Liveshark is that you cover the board so thoroughly that it is gong to get checked through too often. Q high or J-high flush draws won't bet, but likely will call a bet on the flop. Charge those draws. When you do find action, you block top and middle set, and hold the best flush draw. His strong hands are going to be wrap-type hands, which he isn't going to re-raise you with. I think as played you were a bit too passive here. If you want to take the lower variance route, that would be to lead your hand instead of getting into a check-raising situation on the flop.