Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

On vacation in Utah...image consideration in underground home game

NicholasK Posts: 237Member
So, another weird game:
1/3 NLHE rake is 10% up to $5

V: MP3 $380 Aggressive Asain who has picked every good spot I've seen to sqeeze and 3!. Only other person at the table with over 100bb. Was described to me as a "professional" who used to play online. Winning most of his pots to folding errors by other players. Playing somewhat passive pre unless he wants to iso a fish. Hadn't seen anything that made me think he was bad.
V2: BB My brother...arrogant losing rec player who bought into the game at $100 has called too loosely pre and is playing scared fit or fold postflop. Is not going to raise pre with anything less than KK in this spot.
Hero SB: $405 Bought in for $400 (max) played 40 minutes, I don't like my image because I'd bet/folded 4 or 5 times and I look like an easy mark to bluff with a tendency to fold strong hands. Just won first pot when in BB with Q high FD that made it on the river with a BBB line but showed a physical tell on the river that was noticed and announced to the table (shaking hand when cutting out a bet)

Pre:
3 Limps, Hero completes with A5off, BB checks

Flop:($13)
2,3,6 rainbow
Hero bets $8
Folds to V who raises up to $32
Hero 3! up to $83
V calls

Turn:($176)
5 completes rainbow
Hero bet's $85
V tank folds

Thoughts:
I thought the flop texture was much better for my perceived range than anyone else's on the table and with the gutshot and overcard I could profitably semi-bluff this spot profitably. I also thought the raise by V on the flop was a very good spot for an overpair or overcards to put pressure on me so conversely I thought it might be a good rebluff spot.

I made my hands shake slightly while 3! the flop and turn is this an amateurish false tell that is easily seen through? How was my sizing? I planned to, and did show the bluff and also let the whole table know I didn't think the pair of 5's was worth shit there...was my image consideration a good reason to show my hand? A couple hands later V moved to a seat 3 to my left...I moved seats and when asked why I pointed to the two Asians and told them because I had the two most aggressive players to my left. How do you keep things friendly when seat changing, how do you answer that question?

Comments

• chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    "Seat was unlucky"
    "Seat was card dead"
    "I can't see the TV from that seat"
    "I don't like having my back to the door"
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    Nicholas

I think a check raise in this spot against a field bettor is going to get you more folds.. When you bet threebet although it looks alot stronger .. It also means villains range is stronger too (or at least for a rec player). Also with the dynamic thats its your brother you know him better than us but there could be some of the "I want to get you" kinda dynamic that doesnt exist with other players.. Who knows he might just shove against your threebet with say bottom pair to show you he has a bigger penis..

ww
  • NicholasK Posts: 237Member
    Thehammah said

Nicholas

I think a check raise in this spot against a field bettor is going to get you more folds.. When you bet threebet although it looks alot stronger .. It also means villains range is stronger too (or at least for a rec player). Also with the dynamic thats its your brother you know him better than us but there could be some of the "I want to get you" kinda dynamic that doesnt exist with other players.. Who knows he might just shove against your threebet with say bottom pair to show you he has a bigger penis..

ww
    lol I love your family dynamic. He had already folded to my initial bet though.
    lol.. Yeah I know.. I only have sisters but I had an old boyfriend who used to play alot and he ALWAYS wanted to stack me in pots. I am assuming this dynamic exists with others..

I thought he was the Villain in the hand, I see now its the Asian player.. I still think the check raise works better.. but given he is the only other good player I am pretty much not going to try to make too many moves on him. when there is lower hanging fruit I tend to go pick those rather than trying to go for the one I think may taste best but may turn out to be overripe.

ha ha full of them today!

ww
    This is key:::::!!!!

WW-
    I think you mean balls (aka huevos, cajones, stones, etc.), not penis.
    Thank you.
    chilidog said

This is key:::::!!!!

WW-
    I think you mean balls (aka huevos, cajones, stones, etc.), not penis.
    Thank you.
    Penis balls its all the same to us women... he he
  • NicholasK Posts: 237Member
    Thehammah said
    Penis balls its all the same to us women... he he
    Very informative, poker related material. Any other thoughts about how I played both in and out of the hand?
    My opinion is that balls and penis are hardly the same thing.
    #YoureDoingitWrong
  • ThatOtherJeremy Posts: 314Member
    NicholasK said

V2: BB My brother...arrogant losing rec player who bought into the game at $100 has called too loosely pre and is playing scared fit or fold postflop. Is not going to raise pre with anything less than KK in this spot.
    This is the most awesome player analysis ever. Dude I would definitely have a beer with you...you have no idea how hard I am laughing when I read how coldly you describe your own brother. Poker is the greatest game ever!!
    Oh sorry with regard to the actual hand

I think this is an overall well played flop. I see WW case for CR, but I think your line also works well for a limped pot against this texture. You nailed your 3b sizing, and you followed up on the turn, which is really important in these donk scenarios.

I think the false tells are super amateurish, but if you have a home game dynamic that supports that I guess its ok. I just don't think there's a ton of value to be realized because different players read tells in different ways. I personally would question whether I would want to introduce an additional variable in decision making to a player pool that is already generally bad and/or highly predictable
    Jeremy-
    I was more wondering your opinion on balls and penis.
    #nohomo
    I haven't heard the word "penis" used this many times outside of my 9th grade sex ed class

#junk