Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Hero gets herocalled with QHigh

Shark Posts: 108Subscriber
Its a 2/4 nitty game in Germany.
Openned 67dd utg in 2/4 game to 20 (200bb eff) HJ cold calls.
V is a young but very fishy player cold calls otb Loosing every time in the last couple of weeks.
Flop 89K dhc hero Cbet 40 in 60 hj folds V calls
Tu: 4d giving hero FD with a double belly buster. Hero bets 120. V calls
RI: 8h hero bets 210.
V calls with QTo saying he put me on TJs
Should hero not fire the 3rd barrel against this guy?

Comments

• kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 518Subscriber
    Is this a full ring or a short handed table? I normally would not open 76s utg in a full ring, but at 200 bb eff, I dont think its that bad. Also I would normally open 4x, but maybe 5x is normal for the game.

OTF _ I like the cbet. I would make it smaller to say 25

OTT _ I would barrel. You def want to size up like you did as well.

OTR _ I would just give up. He doesnt seem like he's going to fold so I think it's a risky 3 barrel. If I did 3 barrel, I think you go bigger. Prob more like 280.

You need to make a note that this guy is a station. Only value bet him, but do it relentlessly and thin.
  • Shark Posts: 108Subscriber
    edited January 15
    It's fulring and this guy is a station. Hero has a an image of a lggy player who outplays people beating them up in their pride by showing bluffs time ofter time so this time he is young and tries to fight back against hero and showing the ultimate hero call.
  • Steveo76 Posts: 159Subscriber
    Perhaps it would be more profitable for you in the long run to not show your bluffs @Shark?
  • LatvianMissile Posts: 289Subscriber
    Shark said:
    It's fulring and this guy is a station. Hero has a an image of a lggy player who outplays people beating them up in their pride by showing bluffs time ofter time so this time he is young and tries to fight back against hero and showing the ultimate hero call.
    I would say just muck it. Making opponents feel stupid when losing doesn't seem like a profitable long term strategy
  • hustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    overall I like your line. what kabooijie said, size up a bit on the turn . and on the river bet larger as well , something like 3/4's pot. rep AK. you have no SD value so I dont mind adding this hand into your bluff range.
    So I think if you were the bet larger in this scenario it would have been a higher success rate of Villain folding his bluff catcher.

Your image must of played a role here. Its crazy that villain called you with Q high. If it was weak Kx or like 9x wouldnt be thattttt bad. Its important to know your image and how villains perceive you.
    Shark said: