Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Crush Live O8 No. 64 "Equity Blasting and 3/4 math"

BartBart Posts: 6,052AdministratorLeadPro
This week Bart continues a review of a 1-2-5 Stones PLO8 game explaining the concept of blasting someone off of their equity in the pot. He also delves into 3/4ing math.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/equity-blasting-and-3-4-math-in-plo8
Tagged:

Comments

• brick Posts: 129Subscriber
    Wow.
    Check out the angle by Hollywood at min 44:48.

Really low! Good reason to call bets with the correct amount and not a single chip.
  • BartBart Posts: 6,052AdministratorLeadPro
    Im fairly certain what happened here is he said "pot" and moved chips into the middle. I dont think that there is an angle here.
    Bart
  • brick Posts: 129Subscriber
    Ah , Apologies for the false alarm.
  • DoubleSuitedAce Posts: 18Subscriber
    Really enjoyed this video. It’s always good to re-emphasize the big difference in calling down with nut low in LO8 vs PLO8. Will definitely need to think about how to “equity blast” opponents in appropriate situations while trying to avoid being on the opposite end. Also love the 3/4ths math concept. I had never realized how in PLO8 in can be more profitable to win 3/4ths on the river over simply winning the pot without showdown on an earlier street.

Thanks again to you and Terpstra for all of the insights you put out on PLO and PLO8. They are very helpful and give me an edge over opponents in my game.