Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Weird Spot with A5s

LatvianMissile Posts: 290Subscriber
edited January 17 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5 Straddle is on this hand. 465 eff is the lowest stack, H covers everyone else and has a Loose image.
4 limps, CO to 40, SB calls, Hero in BB with A 5 calls, all limpers call. Hero elected not to 3-bet bc H has 3-bet frequently and has a loose image... I know all the dead money out there... still the right move to 3-bet with a loose image (Pot is 137 when it gets to Hero)?

Flop (260): A K 3
HJ leads to 40, CO calls, SB calls... Pot is 380. Should H just call? Too strong of a hand to bluff raise or fold?

Comments

• crux Posts: 119Subscriber
    I think in a straddled pot with a fairly short effective stack, that preflop the call is fine but 3! to $110-120 would be better.

As played, I think this is a call on the flop to such a small bet and multiway, especially with backdoor equity. I would expect HJ to have a lot of Ax in their range also with that donk lead, and your kicker is bad. I think call, evaluate turn is better than raising the flop. HJ could have 33 in the limp/call range, so you could just be in big trouble to anything but runner-runner
  • kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 518Subscriber
    With the eff stacks being aprox 50bbs, I think we should 3! or fold pre. We are lacking both implied odds and playability to construct any bluffs post flop, plus we are oop. Given your image is on the loose side, I think I would pass on this one and just fold pre.

AP - looks like a pretty easy call to me. Price is too good to fold and raising looks like an overplay being this multi-way.
  • Steveo76 Posts: 159Subscriber
    Certainly your image is a big factor in this hand. I like your call pre-flop with this in mind.

On the flop it feels like the CO is putting out a feeler bet with a weakish top pair or is maybe setting their price with a gutshot like QxJx or 5x4x. I don't think he has a set of 3s. He's playing that as a c/r IMO.

When this tiny bet doesn't get raised, my first thought is that this might be a good spot for you to c/r. But the problem with this is that the range you are repping is so narrow. Pretty much only a set of 3s or A3s. You most likely would have re-raised AK, AA or KK pre-flop. So I'm throwing in the call and hoping to pick up equity OTT.
  • hustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    What kaboojie said. I would Lean towards folding this pre