Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Cbet bluffing matrix question

5/5 $1k cap Hustler

I’m $1k eff and main villain Reg covers $4k behind. His image is probably god like. Mine is neutral tight. I’ve played with him previously and have only noticed that he has station-y tendencies.

Mp1 limp. Two callers. I raise $50 KdQh otb. Sb main villain 3! 170. Folds to me. I call. (355)

Flop Jh4c3s. He bets 120. We call. (595)

Turn Tc. He checks. What’s our best play? We basically have a pot sized bet left and the hand meets some of the matrix criteria (HU, one and done board texture). However we never established the betting lead preflop by not 3-betting. Does his early position c-bet negate attacking the one and done board? It’s possible he could also be making the same play on us?

Any thoughts on next steps or mistakes made would be welcome...

Comments

• kaboojiekaboojie Posts: 518Subscriber
    I think your pf raise is bit on the large side. 35 should suffice (4x + 1 per) . Calling V's 3! is pretty marginal at best. I think its fine to call a 3! in this configuration had you raised over 1 limper and the 3! was say 80-100, but you have to put in nearly 20% of your stack with KQo. I dont believe this is profitable long term against a solid player, even ip.

Flop, we have 2 overs and bdsd. I do not think this is enough to normally continue,but we are getting a great price, so I would call. FWIW, I would fold this to any bet larger than 1/3 psb.

Turn, just check back and take the free card. It's quite possible a shove would get a fold, but it's a pretty high variance play.

The Cbet Bluff Matrix does not apply here. That's for cbetting the flop as the pfr.

• HurtLocker Posts: 25Subscriber
    Ah ok. Good feedback. Thank you!
  • Steveo76 Posts: 159Subscriber
    I agree with @kaboojie up to the turn.

Your call on the flop looks like you are executing a float and OTT two favourable things happen: 1. Your opponent checks. 2. You pick up equity. At this point I'm making my move on this pot. High variance play? Yeah, maybe, but I'm going for it. All-in!
  • HurtLocker Posts: 25Subscriber
    Spoiler:
    So we shoved all in and villain calls. River 7c and he tables AJd.
  • Steveo76 Posts: 159Subscriber
    Well, this one didn't go your way. But you demonstrated plenty of heart. Nurture that. It's not just brains that gets the money!
  • hustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    As played tough spot. Merit to both checking back taking free card or shoving for fold equity. I imagine both quite close. Would be villain dependant.

As kaboje said I would size down a bit something like 35-40. I would fold to the 3bet, really no need to defend this in live poker.
    On the flop I would fold. You can call with the suited backdoor combos.
  • fozbo Posts: 143Subscriber
    edited January 17
    You got called by the top of his range on that board, can't be results oriented, i like the shove aswell.