Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

playing against a player who is 3 betting a lot

ive noticed a person playing who has been three betting quite a bit more than most players, I have been 4 betting him quite light and had good success doing this but is there any better ways to play vs a player like this ? any other adjustments I should be making against this type of player

Comments

• StreetFighterStreetFighter Posts: 184Subscriber
    How do they play post ?
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    If your response to his light 3 bets is to 4 bet light, then what would another response be?
  • NitBetNitBet Posts: 40Member
    edited January 18
    Careful not to trap yourself.
    Just because someone is 3betting 3 times in 4 orbits doesn't mean she is 3betting you light even though she folded to your 4bet(s).
    I have 15 years poker experience and I have rarely seen people 3betting light in low- or midstakes. If they did or do they leave the table pretty soon as is a recipe to go broke quickly. I don't deviate at all from my general game plan if I encounter such people - I rather tighten up against this particular opponent.

Sidenote: I disagree with Janda when he explains that the caller in typical spots has the weaker range. After Sklansky the caller is supposed to have the stronger range - think about it.