Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Kelby Video #2 (FreeBonusVideo 0023) is up now!

BartBart Posts: 6,078AdministratorLeadPro
Kelby reviews a few subscriber hand histories, and tries out a play and explain format at 50nl to show how he would approach low stakes games in real time.

http://www.crushlivepoker.com/videos/online-play-explain-50nl
Tagged:

Comments

• MattyB Posts: 66Subscriber
    Kelby - loved the 2nd video once again. Quick question. You talk several times about the importance of having information about your game/opponents. That said, why are we ever playing on sites without a HUD?

Also, goes without saying, can you include HUD hands in your next video?

Thanks again for the content!
  • dpbuckdpbuck Posts: 2,055Subscriber
    @KelbyMarvin in this video, as well as other online training material I've consumed, there are many references to the high rake and alluding to adjustments that need to be made in our strategies because of it. The adjustments I've made at 25NL-100NL are opening a full 3x as opposed to 2.2x-2.5x like I see others do, as well as play much tighter out of the blinds, really focusing on taking pots down preflop. Can you give some details on some of the adjustments you make because of the rake?
  • KelbyMarvinKelbyMarvin Posts: 234Subscriber
    MattyB said:

Also, goes without saying, can you include HUD hands in your next video?
    Almost all of my volume is played on sites that don't allow huds unfortunately since we're so limited in America. Thanks for the kind words!

dpbuck said:
    Can you give some details on some of the adjustments you make because of the rake?
    Everything you said pretty much nails it. When rake is high and avg open size is larger we just need to be tighter overall with our opens, blind defends, and the biggest one is our flats preflop. If people are opening 3x and rake is high we should almost have no flats in any position, and the only reason people sorta get away with flatting big sizes as much as they do in live poker is because our opponents on average are much worse.