Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 flop trips how to proceed

hustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
edited January 24 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
1200 eff

Game is 2/5. This time BTN Straddle $10
SB n BB calls the 10.
Folds to me MP KQo $65 ( I make it slightly larger cause fish in BTN / SB.
Direct left calls LJ.
BTN calls. 5 way to flop.

Also note I dont think I’ve played a hand since I got to the table and it’s been an hour. Just been card dead.
So my image and raise is quite strong.

Flop QQ10r
C C I bet $110.
LJ villain makes it $425.
All folds to hero??

Villain is an average player from what I can tell. Middle aged. He plays some 5/10 sometimes.
He’s pretty average player maybe a little loose pre at times. I don’t have much reads or anything on him.
Also I’m almost positive villain is not bluffing here.
I block KJ combos. Dont think he’s doing w J9 since it’s a 5 way flop. Seems very value QJ-AQ, 1010, Q10.

Also how do we proceed the turn n river?

Thoughts? I will post results later

Comments

• Daddyslap Posts: 110Subscriber
    I'm sure Villain may flat AQ here, but they are doing this with any Q and 1010. I'd be playing for stacks here and looking for Villain to show up with AQ, Qj,Q9, Q8, or 1010. KJ seems too ambitious, and if your image is correct, they are weighting your range to AA, KK, JJ, etc. It's nuanced, but you should be looking to get this in.
  • deadinaditchdeadinaditch Posts: 245Subscriber
    edited January 24
    God I hate KQ, what a tough spot. The typical IP line with both bluffs and weak made hands is to call the flop and bet the turn when checked to. He might flat some suited queens that you beat (Q8-QJ) but is he really raising the flop with these or is he just calling? I think you're crushed.

by 1hustlin
  • LatvianMissile Posts: 290Subscriber
    I would flat the raise and evaluate turns and rivers. You're probably behind, but he could also have J9 which means a K would complete his straight against your FH. You also beat QJ, Q9 and Q8s(if he's playing loose, this will show up sometimes.) and lose to TT, QT, AT.
  • Superfly Posts: 590Subscriber
    Sick spot but I can’t find any hands you beat that 1) call a 3bet from LJ in multi-way pot pre, and then 2) raise the PFR multi-way on the flop. Looks like AQ or TT, unfortunately. In game not sure I could find a fold but in the cold light of day I think it’s the right play.
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 516Subscriber
    Very confused. This is a single raised pot not 3Bet pre like one poster suggests? There is nothing to suggest he cannot have a hand like QJ, Q9 or Qxs. If he had QT he's not raising this size (more likely to just call), and maybe similar with TT as they would probably want a call or keep people in so discounting those hands. Sure he might have AQ but there are plenty of Q you beat. Call turn and evaluate being prepared to call off most cards.
  • Letmewin1 Posts: 1,243Member
    edited January 25
    You have a nit/tight image, you haven’t played a hand in an hour you raised, flopped decent in multi-way pot bet and got raised to a sizing that forces you to make a decision OTT for your stack, if you call flop you’re probably calling turn no matter the sizing and/or card.
    My questions to you
    1) With your tight image can anyone expect you to have worse than Qx when you bet into the field with a couple of natural checks ahead of you and some behind that haven’t acted yet?
    2) why are you betting?
    3) what other hands are you taking this line with besides Qx? Answer this one and it might help you figure some stuff out
  • MattyB Posts: 66Subscriber
    You even said villain is a little too loose PF at times, so worse Q’s are definitely in play here. Call with the intention of calling it off on the turn. Folding is way too weak here. If he has AQ, so be it, nice hand.
  • hustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    Yes single raised
    Garland said:
    Very confused. This is a single raised pot not 3Bet pre like one poster suggests? There is nothing to suggest he cannot have a hand like QJ, Q9 or Qxs. If he had QT he's not raising this size (more likely to just call), and maybe similar with TT as they would probably want a call or keep people in so discounting those hands. Sure he might have AQ but there are plenty of Q you beat. Call turn and evaluate being prepared to call off most cards.
    Letmewin1 said:
    You have a nit/tight image, you haven’t played a hand in an hour you raised, flopped decent in multi-way pot bet and got raised to a sizing that forces you to make a decision OTT for your stack, if you call flop you’re probably calling turn no matter the sizing and/or card.
    My questions to you
    1) With your tight image can anyone expect you to have worse than Qx when you bet into the field with a couple of natural checks ahead of you and some behind that haven’t acted yet?
    2) why are you betting?
    3) what other hands are you taking this line with besides Qx? Answer this one and it might help you figure some stuff out
    1) hmmm some weaker Qx ‘ gutters like AK AJ, on occasions some 10x, JJ
    2) mainly for value.
    3) KJ, some AA-KK, other Qx‘S , 1010, . So really probably not betting much of my entire range here

• Superfly Posts: 590Subscriber
    Yes, I obviously got very confused on this hand. Not sure what I was thinking. Relooking at it, seems like a clear call flop and eval turn.
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    You have one of the strongest Qx hands in a MW pot, and you block KJ, which is likely the best straight draw (assumes AK gets 3b). The raise is concerning and essentially commits you unless you’re willing to fold now.

The combos that you’re behind to are AQ (4), QTs (1), TT (3). If you think the LJ will play off suit QT then you can add 3 additional combos. So that is 8 combos beating you, 1 combo that ties, but that seems unlikely. What is the likelihood of this V raising with QJ or worse or a draw for that matter? I’m thinking these hands flat the flop.

You need to call an additional $315 to win the $860 currently in the pot. If you just call, the pot will be $1175 and you have less than a pot size bet with a stack depth of $710 behind.

You’re pretty much leveraged here. If you call, you’re just hoping he doesn’t bet again.
    edited February 5
    ^

I was stuck between a rock and hard place.
    I was torn between what to do because KQ is right on the edge of being top of my range here.

Lose to so many combos . Only beat QJ & Q9.

Anyway I decide to call. Just hoping villain put me on AA-KK and he overing value Qx. I’m know very well he could have AQ n Q10 here.

Anyways call. Turn brick.
    He bets 275 , I X/C.
    i X. River he jams ~ 480 for me to call. I sigh snap call.

He shows QJo

Thank god!

Honestly lookin back I still don’t mind a flop fold.....
  • CycleV Posts: 1,195Subscriber
    This actually reminds me of a hand a posted a while back, I had KJs or KTs on an AKKxx board where I cbet flop, then was led into on turn and river. V's line was so strong, but he had AQ. We were pretty split on what I should do as well. Makes me think that hustlin, you and I play with a V's of a different stripe than in other parts.