Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Preflop jam spot

Sugarman Posts: 34Subscriber
$1/3. V1 ($260) raise $10 blind, 2 calls, V2 CO ($600) raise $35, I 3b KsKc8s4c to $100, V1 shove for $255, folds to V2 who reshoves, H?

Comments

• NLTOPLOPRO Posts: 16Subscriber
    Can't fold now. Just a math game at this point and you have at least 33% vs their ranges. I would not advise the $10 blind bet until you are much deeper. I usually only start straddling when the players are at least 200bb deep.
  • Sugarman Posts: 34Subscriber
    edited February 5
    NLTOPLOPRO said:
    I would not advise the $10 blind bet until you are much deeper. I usually only start straddling when the players are at least 200bb deep.
    Obv haha. I didn’t blind raise, that was V1. I also just realised I forgot to include my stack size, which was $415 to start the hand, so if was $315 more for me to call
  • High__Rolla Posts: 794Subscriber
    edited February 8
    Do you have any reads on either Villain?

Regardless, I don't see folding doublesuited kings at this stack depth. If you give both Villains a top 15% range, then you are the favorite at 37%. Worst-case you give V2 aces and V1 a top 15% range, then you have 27% in the main pot and 33% in the side pot.

Main: To call 155 into pot of 630. Need 29% equity.
    Side: To call 160 into pot of 160. Need 50% equity.

So, the only way you can justify folding here is if you are nearly certain that V2 has aces. I am skeptical that he *only* has aces here because he didn't open for pot over the blind raiser and limpers plus he could just be trying to isolate versus V1. Again, a read on V1 would be helpful here.

by 1CycleV
  • Sugarman Posts: 34Subscriber
    High__Rolla said:
    Again, a read on V1 would be helpful here.

V1 was a pretty aggro guy, playing probs 30%ish of hands but that’s pretty much it. This was my first plo session ever so my live read game was not the best at the time (still isn’t). I thought since the guy is 6betting this has to be AA pretty damn often, but I think reading your analysis is spot on, especially given the result: V1 had J986ss, V2 had KQ96r