Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

KK w/ A on flop heads up OOP. Thin value? How much?

GarlandGarland Posts: 515Subscriber
edited February 4 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Stakes: $2/$3/$5, $600 max

Effective stack $600.

The table is loose and average aggressive. Main villain in this hand is VPIPing massively (showing up with any trash J6o, K8o, etc to a raise) and is not shy at all about betting and is by far the most aggressive. If he calls a pre-flop raise, he has no virtually no concept of check to the raiser. He will come out betting 2nd pair on turn and/or river just because he doesn't know what else to do it seems. He is hitting a lot of hands.

Pre-flop ($10 - 9 players) -3 limps to me including main villain on button, and I wake up with K K in BB raise to $35 and only button calls.

Flop ($80 after drop - 2 players): A 8 4. I check, villain bets $30, I call.

Turn ($140 - 2 players) - 2 xx

River ($140 - 3 players) - Q, I bet? How much?

Comments

• LatvianMissile Posts: 290Subscriber
    I think I'd bet 60 on the river. We could be value owning ourselves, but V may have been betting 99, TT, 8x or if we're lucky the Q. It's thin value, but I'd go for it here.

Also, I'd c-bet on flop. It's going to be tough to get paid with 4 clubs on the board and if we get called and the turn is a blank, we can call if faced with a bet.
    by 1hustlin
  • Superfly Posts: 590Subscriber
    edited February 4
    I think I agree with LatMis about cbetting flop with nut FD vs loose splashy player. You can afford to call a c/r. I guess if you’re Absolutely sure he’ll bet if checked to, then might be good to give him some rope.

If flop pot size correct? Looks like there should be $85 before rake with blinds and limpers. Regardless, Not sure I’d bet river. If he’s that aggressive a check call Inducing V to bet might work better.
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 515Subscriber
    edited February 4
    Superfly said:
    I think I agree with LatMis about cbetting flop with nut FD vs loose splashy player. You can afford to call a c/r. I guess if you’re Absolutely sure he’ll bet if checked to, then might be good to give him so rope.

If flop pot size correct? Looks like there should be $85 before rake with blinds and limpers. Regardless, Not sure I’d bet river. If he’s that aggressive a check call Inducing V to bet might work better.
    Fixed, thanks for catching that. I thought there would be a much better chance of getting a worse hand to bet than to bet and get called by worse hence the flop check.
  • crux Posts: 119Subscriber
    Curious about the pre-flop bet of $35 OOP with 3 limpers. Is that a spot that you would usually size up, or do you discount the straddle and just bet based off the regular BB? I think I would have raised to something more like $45 or even $50.

I like the flop check with the K in hand against the described V.

River, I'm probably going a little bigger to like $90. Maybe value-owning yourself, but it sounds like V would have continued betting turn with an A or better.
    crux said:
    Curious about the pre-flop bet of $35 OOP with 3 limpers. Is that a spot that you would usually size up, or do you discount the straddle and just bet based off the regular BB? I think I would have raised to something more like $45 or even $50.

I like the flop check with the K in hand against the described V.

River, I'm probably going a little bigger to like $90. Maybe value-owning yourself, but it sounds like V would have continued betting turn with an A or better.
    No straddle. Not being very deep and given the table dynamic, I raised what I felt would be called by 1 opponent.
  • crux Posts: 119Subscriber
    Whoops. Somehow I read that $10 preflop as being a straddle. Ignore my pre-flop concern.
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    I would think a thin value bet in this spot should be fairly small targeting a Qc. I’d probably bet between $45 and $55.
  • hustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    I like check flop w KcKx here, good bluff catcher + good equity.
    Don’t see a reason to bet.

Bet like 1/3 pot here~~

I like x/c the river personally, especially against this villain type.
    Spoiler:
    I should have made a value bet, but didn't. It doesn't have to be big, maybe $40-$50 to target a 8x, 4x specifically. River checks down and villain shows K8o.
  • Superfly Posts: 590Subscriber
    @Garland... do you think he’s calling anything on the river? Flop bet seems like one-time crazy YOLO stab in response to your check. And V having weak A seems like a possibility. I still think your river check was the right move OOP.