Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

J9dd bluffing the river was this a bad spot ?

Villain stats VPIP 53/PFR 6/AF 2 over 30 hand

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 9 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.59 (80 bb)
UTG+1: $3.13 (157 bb)
MP: $0.71 (36 bb)
MP+1 (Hero): $1.20 (60 bb)
LP: $2.40 (120 bb)
CO: $1.09 (55 bb)
BU: $2.41 (121 bb)
SB: $0.82 (41 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP+1 with 9 J
3 players fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 players fold, BTN calls $0.06, 2 players fold

Flop: ($0.15) 2 K 5 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.08, BTN calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.31) K (2 players)
Hero bets $0.20, BTN calls $0.20

River: ($0.71) T (2 players)
Hero bets $0.86 (all-in), BTN calls $0.86

Total pot: $2.43 (Rake: $0.09)

Showdown:
MP+1 (Hero) shows 9 J (a pair of Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 68%, Flop: 27%, Turn: 36%, River: 0%)

BU shows T 2 (two pair, Kings and Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 32%, Flop: 73%, Turn: 64%, River: 100%)

BU wins $2.34

I raised from MP, and BU calls. I think my range can look something like ATs+,88+, and some suited broadways, I had very tight image and had not been in a pot with this villain yet.I was shorts-stacked. Villains range looks weaker than mine when he flats on the button.On the flop I think he could have hit a piece of the board, I think he can hit bottom or middle pair with much of his range, even the king but his range is weaker so more likely weaker pairs,pocket-pairs,some suited stuff that has missed,Ace-highs. I c-bet and he calls. OTT comes another king and I pickup a flush-draw, I decide to continue the story and he calls again, So now I am thinking he has alot of middle or bottom pairs maybe A2,A5, 34, some weaker pocket pairs like 33.44.66.77,88. , Its possible he has the king but since hes a calling fish I think I can try and represent either a King, or a high pocket pair,on the river I miss my flush and go all in. He turned a T for 2pair and calls. Was it a bad bluff ? I didnt have too many hands on this player, just because they're vpip is high does that necessarily mean they are calling stations? idk I kind of feel like it was just unlucky river and my hand looked strong enough to get a fold sometimes also I thought I had fold equity versus most of his range that had bottom and middle pair once the T came on the river. I didnt put him on T2 but hey... just trying to work on my skills I dont bluff often.

Comments

• joshofalltrades Posts: 134Subscriber
    I think you have analyzed his range pretty well, and as you move up, your opponents will find folds more often. However, it's also important to realize that you are very polarized in this spot. Would you take this line with AA or QQ? Most players wouldn't, so it looks like you have a K or nothing. Additionally, you noted that he calls too much, so while his hand shouldn't be that strong, I think you can find better spots.