Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Hand from TCH Stream ($5-$5-$10 KJs)

BartBart Posts: 6,078AdministratorLeadPro
One of the first hands from the TCH Live stream this past Monday.

+1 (Trey) opens to $45. Hero calls CO K J HU POT: $110

FLOP: J T 8 +1 bets $65, Hero calls. POT: $240

TURN 7 +1 bets $75.. Hero??

Comments

• GarlandGarland Posts: 515Subscriber
    edited February 6
    Looks like a blocker bet. Could have a number of draws that want to see the river cheaply, like AQ, KQ, clubs, spades. For this amount and little information on villain, I would lean towards a call and evaluate across rivers. If I had more info on villain, I could see an argument for a raise ~$200 to get better hands to fold (AJ+) or worse hands to call (all the aforementioned draws) with the intent to check back river. This card should hit your range more than his.
    by 1crux
  • Daddyslap Posts: 110Subscriber
    I remember watching this hand - Without any relevant history with the Villain, this board is pretty scary. An UTG+1 opening range is typically strong, so various over pairs are still in that range even though you block KK. You don't block either flush draw and there is a one-liner to the straight, but I can't see UTG+1's range having many 9s. The bluffs in this range are few - AK, AQ, KQ, semi-bluffs are there 10xcc, K9s, etc, and there are a number of value hands.

I'm with @Garland here on calling the turn - We have a strong hand with showdown value and numerous cards that can come on the river that make our Villain pause and check to us, so Id be looking to reevaluate this. Obviously, the line changes if we are OOP.
  • Superfly Posts: 590Subscriber
    edited February 7
    From what I have seen of TCH hands, preflop ranges are wide open, even from EP. Even though we should have range advantage as the caller, not sure that’s really the case in these games.

I think bluffing on turn is heavily villain dependent. Also we don’t know stack size. Thus I too prefer a call on turn, based on what I’ve seen of TCH in general and specific hand info info provided. I think a lot of 2Ps could show up here and not sure they’re folding.
    by 1CycleV
  • CycleV Posts: 1,195Subscriber
    I've never seen the TCH stream but from everything I have seen/heard, TX games are a lot wilder than what most of us see. His opening range probably contains plenty of very strong hands here. So while his bet is weak, will he fold a better hand? Is he dumb enough to make this kind of bet with 87, or AA, but can't lay it down? If you think he'll lay down aces then go for it, I guess, but I like to have evidence someone can fold before I bluff.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,548Subscriber
    When adding equity and what he has you are behind in the hand. But are you behind 80% of the time? No. Just call and see what he does on the river.
    by 1hustlin
  • hustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    hmmm tough spot.
    dont really like it, but given the great price I would look him up With your TP good kicker. Hope he has a pair + FD.
    yah ur usually behind, but calling seems slightly better than folding in this spot.

I would call and prob fold to almost any river bet.
  • BartBart Posts: 6,078AdministratorLeadPro
    This hand was covered in the first hand of the video coming out today. I folded, which is by far the worst choice and the villain had AKcc. Not the first or last time I will make a mistake.