Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

CBet 100% ?????

This was in a 1/2 in a charity room in Michigan.

Stack sizes... Me $650 V1 $300 V2 $650
I had AQo in UTG2 and opened for $15. V1 in the cut off flatted. V2 in the SB 3 bet to $45. I’ve played with this guy a lot and I know he 3 bets light in the SB. So I 4 bet to $110. Weak player in the CO flatted and so did the SB. Flopped 989 (rainbow). For some stupid reason I checked. It checked around. Should I have CBet on pretty much any board in that spot? I ended up losing to AK (cut off guy). After that hand I just raked up and left. My mind wasn’t right. All I could think about is how to get better playing post flop. The biggest weakness in my game. Just about to fire up the CBet matrix podcast
Tagged:

Comments

• hustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    No I would not fire a cbet here on this board.
    First its a 4bet pot, so ranges are like really strong. Say top 3-5% of hands.
    Thats like AQS+ , 88+ , you know the goods.

2nd - its multiway and you have a pretty bad hand here.

Soo best is to give up on the board texture, you dont got much equity, your position is bad ( your in the middle). no stack leverage etc, also V1 has less than 1 PSB left, so any pair he has he will commit to it.

Simple check and give up for me. You tried a good 4bet, unfortunately it didn't pan out and get the folds pre.
  • BartBart Posts: 6,078AdministratorLeadPro
    Actually you can cbet 30% in 4 bet pots on almost any board according to PIO. Especially on a paired board. I spoke about this recently in a podcast. I have been under cbetting in 4 bet pots a lot.
  • Bakermob29 Posts: 6Subscriber
    Looks like I’m am being to results oriented. Thanks guys!
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,548Subscriber
    What bart says. You can't make a wrong play by betting 30% with that hand on that board.

Pot is $330 and now you bet $110 again. It still looks like a large bet to these guys. Their range includes a lot of paint including AK. You also want a hand like 55 set mining to fold from the weak player.

if we range both players at this
    KK-22,AKo-AJo,AKs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs = 10.9% after removing yours

You have only 3.5% of nuts
    17.8% of overpair

= 21.3% of hands that aren't folding to a CB

30.5% of underpair
    30.5% of Ace high
    3.39% OESD
    5.08% GS

You only beat 1/3rd of the hands the villains could have. But another 1/3rd of those hands don't continue.

When adding it up generally they should be folding to a CB 2/3rds of the time. So the 30% CB is correct. I am giving them a tighter 4b call range and I am not even counting your real outs in this calculation.

• GarlandGarland Posts: 515Subscriber
    edited February 8
    In my opinion, it hinges on how sticky your opponents are. Will your opponents call AK or pairs up to 77 to a small flop bet? If the answer is yes, and I find it in general true in most low stakes games, then I would probably be check giving up.
  • Superfly Posts: 590Subscriber
    You’re focused on the flop, but I think preflop is also worthy of discussion. While AQs might be a 4bet in position, I think AQo is a usually a call, esp against a SB 3bet which should be very strong.

Second, SB 3bet is very small. Normal 3bet from OOP is 4-5x plus any calls in between. If you read that as weak and decided to 4bet, I could go along with that. But I think your 4bet should be 3x the 3bet at a minimum. Id make it at least $160. You’re looking for folds here, and 4betting less than 3x does not generate enough fold equity IMO.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,548Subscriber
    Garland said:
    In my opinion, it hinges on how sticky your opponents are. Will your opponents call AK or pairs up to 77 to a small flop bet? If the answer is yes, and I find it in general true in most low stakes games, then I would probably be check giving up.
    3 way pot sure.

But heads up a 1/3psb is optimal according to the math because a certain part of their calling range is ALWAYS folding. Players hit a GS+ about 50% of the time. If they are smart enough to float with back doors it's a little more but most arent. I have calculated these float hands and even I am a little off and don't call enough vs a small bet.