Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

3B and 4B sizing

when playing live cash games with stacks 200bb+ and 300bb+ what is a good sizing to make your 3B and 4B
example someone opens to 3BB I would normally 3B to 9bb or 10bb
if I open to 3bb or 4 bb and get 3b to 9bb to 100bb or for 4x open between 12 and 16bb what would be a good 4B sizing

hope this equation aint to broad

Comments

• Chase Posts: 182Subscriber
    edited February 8
    In theory it depends on the stacks, the config, and how the ranges are constructed, and then in practice you might take exploitative deviations based on your specific opponent, etc.

Here are some things to keep in mind:
    - The larger the sizing, the more polarized the range should be.
    - In theory you should choose a raise sizing that is less than about 32% of effective stacks, or go all in (because if you raise to a third of the stacks and then face a jam, you can't be expected to fold because you're getting at least 2-1 immediate odds).
    -You'll want to size larger without position, and smaller with position.

The "standard" depends on stacks and whether it's a 3b! or 4b!, but is usually 3x-4x without position and 2.5-3x with position. For example, for an in position 3b! default 3x. For a 4b! in position, default to 2.5x. And if any of those sizings would be a third or more of the stacks, then go all instead (or raise smaller).

Also, all this is covered on CLP in Ki's fast track series, which I highly recommend.
    by 1crux
  • weeliitt Posts: 42Member
    Chase said:
    In theory it depends on the stacks, the config, and how the ranges are constructed, and then in practice you might take exploitative deviations based on your specific opponent, etc.

Here are some things to keep in mind:
    - The larger the sizing, the more polarized the range should be.
    - In theory you should choose a raise sizing that is less than about 32% of effective stacks, or go all in (because if you raise to a third of the stacks and then face a jam, you can't be expected to fold because you're getting at least 2-1 immediate odds).
    -You'll want to size larger without position, and smaller with position.

The "standard" depends on stacks and whether it's a 3b! or 4b!, but is usually 3x-4x without position and 2.5-3x with position. For example, for an in position 3b! default 3x. For a 4b! in position, default to 2.5x. And if any of those sizings would be a third or more of the stacks, then go all instead (or raise smaller).

Also, all this is covered on CLP in Ki's fast track series, which I highly recommend.
    Thank you great feedback