Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

B vs B 2 pair. Thin river value? If so, how much?

GarlandGarland Posts: 481Subscriber
edited February 13 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Stakes: $3/$3, $500 max

$650 effective.

This was a vlogger game with 4 hosts and this game structure was created to induce more people to attend. Not used to playing too many big pots with garbage, so this presents a learning moment for me.

Pre-flop ($6 - 9 players) - CO open limps (moan...don't you know they take $5 when it flops??), loose passive SB checks, I check my BB with 7 3

Flop ($4 after drop - 3 players): 7 5 3. SB bets $10, I raise to $25, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn ($54 after drop - 2 players): T, SB checks, I bet $50, SB calls.

River ($153 after drop - 2 players): K, SB checks, I bet ?? How much?

Comments

• LatvianMissile Posts: 268Subscriber
    I think we're targeting a 7. I'm not sure if enough worse hands will call on this runout, but I'd still go for super thin value with another bet of 50.
    by 1CycleV
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,461Subscriber
    The Sb bet calls flop out of position, then check calls a pot size turn. I would think 7x shrinks up pretty quickly here. I don’t expect you to get paid off here, but a small river bet seems good. As far as sizing 33% seems fine.
  • Superfly Posts: 559Subscriber
    I think it’s important to note that SB did not have to put any money in the pot preflop to continue. So we basically have almost a bomb pot scenario here. Ranges are super wide and hands that don’t make sense normally (like K5s or T7s) could show up. I am somewhat concerned that SB called a c/r on the flop and a full pot-sized bet on the turn. That seems weirdly strong. He could be doing this with some pair + plus gut shot. But in that case he doesn’t end up with much on the river when the draw bricks out. Also, if he has 88/99, the turn and river cards are scare cards for him. Couple this with outside chance he has some crazy bigger 2P combo, and I guess I agree that one-third PSB seems best (folding to a raise).
    by 1CycleV
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 481Subscriber
    Spoiler:
    I was prepared to fold to any further aggression by villain. I agree that I should bet $50 at most on the river. In reality, I bet $75 and get snap called by 64o. You read that correctly, the nuts.
  • jtm1208 Posts: 8Member
    My initial thoughts: I would raise the flop to $35-$40. Charge more to the hands that have a pair and a straight draw.
    I'd still probably go around $50-$60 on the turn, but it would be less than a pot size both and not as polarizing.
    River - I would either bet super small, like $25-$35 for a cry call from 1 pair, or just check. Not really a 3 street hand, unless your V has given tendencies of being over station and calling down the river too much.