Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2-5 PLO - Turn Decision

SB (Covers) - Wealthy middle-aged guy. Action junkie. Takes breaks to go play several hundred dollars a hand blackjack. Play is erratic, mostly loose passive but mixes in bluffs, sometimes big bluffs. Probably views Hero as winning, solid.

Preflop - UTG limps. MP limps. Hero raises to $25 in HJ with AdKdJs5s. SB, UTG, MP call. 4-way action.

Flop ($105) Kc 5c 2h. SB checks. UTG bets $50 with about $300 left. MP folds. Hero raises to $125. SB and UTG call.

Turn ($480) Kc 5c 2h Qs. SB checks. UTG ships his last $185. Hero has $1340 left and SB covers. Hero?

Tagged:
by 1hustlin

Comments

• Liveshark Posts: 20Subscriber
    edited February 20
    I would like to here what others think on this. Me im thinking about building a side pot here thinking I'm still best against SB range. Short could have anything like Q2 with flush draw, straight draw with flush draw maybe by some chance pocket queens or KQ. If the all-in villian have Q in his range then you are looking good against Sb range here. Calling isn't the worst play if you are worried about variance here but if sb re pots you will have to fold
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 515Subscriber
    edited February 20
    Why are we not potting the flop? Should be able to raise to $255 with your hand to charge all the nut flush draws, 43xx, wraps and combo draws, etc. As played, maybe UTG has KQxx or just whatever he had on flop and felt committed to? In any event, I'm thinking we need to charge the action junkie to what seems like a nut flush draw. $600-$700 raise sounds appropriate with the intent to check behind river unimproved.
  • High__Rolla Posts: 798Subscriber
    edited February 20
    Garland said:
    Why are we not potting the flop? Should be able to raise to $255 with your hand to charge all the nut flush draws, 43xx, wraps and combo draws, etc.
    That’s a fair question. My thinking at the time was that I would reopen the betting for UTG to ship (in case SB calls in between). I just underestimated his remaining stack size visually and thus could’ve made it more.

I’d happily get bare top two in on the flop versus the Villain in the SB even this deep since he’d call off with a very wide range to gamble.
  • LatvianMissile Posts: 290Subscriber
    I wouldn't raise this hand preflop. Having a suited A is nice, but with the K of the same suit it's harder to get paid off if we hit a flush and I don't think it plays well multiway. I'd rather limp it in late position.

Flop play is fine could raise more as well since we block every set except 22.
    Turn: I think I just call