Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

KK 1/2

FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,550Subscriber
So I'm back at the tables starting small working my way back to 2/5 after 2 years off. This is the 8th hand of the table. $300 effective.

MP straddles for the fuck of it.
I am OTB with KK red.
Limp limp. I raise $25. SB BB call. Rest fold

$85 - $275 me
Flop - 9 7 3 - x x I bet $45. Call. Call
Turn $175. -- $230 me. 7 SB leads $60.

No read on player. Middle age Hispanic male dressed normal. No reads nothing.

Comments

• Superfly Posts: 590Subscriber
    edited February 23
    What 7x does he play vs a big open in a straddle pot with a bunch of players yet to act behind? Seems more likely that he flopped a set, filling up on the turn and eliminating any fear of the FD. Thus the small 1/3 “call me” bet.

Still, in light of the recent rash of spaz factor hands, I guess It makes sense to cry call turn and see what he does on river. At least you unblock spades. Hopefully you’ll spike a K on the mfing sob. Otherwise you’re probably folding to a river bet.
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,550Subscriber
    $265 pot if I call I'll have $185 left. OTR.

Person could easily be block betting QQ-TT. Other guy is on a draw. I thought about min raise and fold to shove calling my own river price
    Considering I CB that flop why not CR me or XC bet with the draw between. If this was a good players I'd lean on calling. I was in a pickle on my play
  • GarlandGarland Posts: 516Subscriber
    Think this is a pretty standard turn call and evaluate with no reads. He may have 9x or other overpairs you can beat.
    by 1CycleV
    Other player calls, I call.

$295 pot river 3 SB bets $110 after 3s slow and deliberate like the turn. ... I have $170 left. 2nd player folds. I want to puke. Still no reads. I end up calling for a variety of reasons.

Regardeless of results I hate straddled pots that shorten stacks

Results
    Spoiler:
    he had 77 for quads. After an hour of play I realized he was either a pro or at the very least a fairly good player. He used a mixed betting strategy, was aggressive, and was tricky. I think he was waiting for 2/5. I focused on him exclusively to pick up weak points. Discovered when he has a hand he tends to bet quickly. I moved tables after 1 hour when this one dried up. Made almost double back in the next few hours.
    by 1hustlin
  • Superfly Posts: 590Subscriber
    Makes sense to me. I don’t think he would call flop and donk turn with a 1/3 PSB with an overpair or a 9. He’d either c/r flop or call it down. But It’s tough to lay down kings to such a small bet on the turn. I suppose you could have folded on the river when he apparently sized it down to induce a call, but it’s hard, I know. He played it well and made it hard for you to get away from your premium hand. Cooler, bro, what can you do?
    I want to put this hand in the PIO solver. I got the free one but have no clue how to operate it. So now I gotta find out.
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,464Subscriber
    Despite the results of the hand, and considering the number of available draws, I think you can size up on the flop. It doesn’t need to be some absurd percentage, but I would consider something closer to 60%.
    by 1CycleV
    I sized down because due to the larger raise size from an unknown their range should be tighter.
  • hustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    edited February 27
    Sorry I thought this was HU...
    Hmmm 3 way this is really tough now... man I guess u just have to call and call brick Rivers.
    Villain can have 7x , 99 , 33... but also like A9.

I think if u call turn kinda have to call river.
    Or u can nit fold turn, but it’s pretty nitty given the sizing.
    If pot is HU after the flop I would just like jam turn with KK for max value