Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Running worse than I ever thought possible

lotto33 Posts: 75Subscriber
edited February 24 in Beats, Brags, and Variance
Just venting, I never knew you could miss ever draw (flush draw, up and down straight draw) and run into AA every time I have AK or KK and never improve. This game can be really gross

Comments

  • GarlandGarland Posts: 515Subscriber
    Probably belongs in "Beats, Brags, And Variance", but I have experienced a similar streak several years ago losing 12 of 13 sessions and losing about the amount you displayed. While I can't say tilt didn't factor in that losing streak, I will say it's short term variance and wouldn't sweat it too much. It's said a lot, but I think it's true: These are the best times to hunker down and do some hand history reviews with peers.
    by 1lotto33
  • Steveo76 Posts: 159Subscriber
    I echo @Garland in that the best thing you can do is keep your focus on your decision making. During a downswing like this there is a good chance that at times this has not been on point. That is only natural. We are only human and the emotional toll will be a factor, often without you realising it.

    So use this forum more. Put some more hands up. I can see that you've only posted two HHs in this spell. Aren't there any more that you'd like us to take a look at?

    Also, give even more feedback on others' posts. Shift the focus away from your own results for a while.

    Take it easy mate.
    by 1lotto33
  • lotto33 Posts: 75Subscriber
    Garland said:
    Probably belongs in "Beats, Brags, And Variance", but I have experienced a similar streak several years ago losing 12 of 13 sessions and losing about the amount you displayed. While I can't say tilt didn't factor in that losing streak, I will say it's short term variance and wouldn't sweat it too much. It's said a lot, but I think it's true: These are the best times to hunker down and do some hand history reviews with peers.
    I definitely review alot of my hands. At least 25% of it is playing badly but it's hard to play optimally when I'll go sessions when I lose almost every hand. I agree that studying will keep you sharp but still frustratimg
  • lotto33 Posts: 75Subscriber
    Steveo76 said:
    I echo @Garland in that the best thing you can do is keep your focus on your decision making. During a downswing like this there is a good chance that at times this has not been on point. That is only natural. We are only human and the emotional toll will be a factor, often without you realising it.

    So use this forum more. Put some more hands up. I can see that you've only posted two HHs in this spell. Aren't there any more that you'd like us to take a look at?

    Also, give even more feedback on others' posts. Shift the focus away from your own results for a while.

    Take it easy mate.
    Most of the hands I lose are standard, that's the frustrating part.
    AK<AA, AK<KK, (I really hate getting AK because I know I'm going to lose with it) missed flushed draws, misses straight draws etc. If there were marginal spots that I should be folding that would different that's an easy adjustment. But losing standard hands consistently is frustrating
  • CycleV Posts: 1,195Subscriber
    I had two separate 6-week stretches last year where I lost almost every time. It does happen. Still had a great year but man I was miserable for a few loooong weeks in the middle.

    FWIW anytime I hear fishy talk like, "I really hate getting AK because I know I'm going to lose with it," this means that the losing is getting to your mental game. This is completely understandable! All this losing would get to almost everyone who's not a psychopath. But don't pretend that you're still on your A-game and "Most of the hands I lose are standard". Every single one of us, in the midst of a streak like this, are playing sub-optimal. Which goes back to the good advice above like post hands, respond to hands, study, keep grindin'.

    I also think taking a week or three off (for non-pros) is a decent option.
  • lotto33 Posts: 75Subscriber
    CycleV said:
    I had two separate 6-week stretches last year where I lost almost every time. It does happen. Still had a great year but man I was miserable for a few loooong weeks in the middle.

    FWIW anytime I hear fishy talk like, "I really hate getting AK because I know I'm going to lose with it," this means that the losing is getting to your mental game. This is completely understandable! All this losing would get to almost everyone who's not a psychopath. But don't pretend that you're still on your A-game and "Most of the hands I lose are standard". Every single one of us, in the midst of a streak like this, are playing sub-optimal. Which goes back to the good advice above like post hands, respond to hands, study, keep grindin'.

    I also think taking a week or three off (for non-pros) is a decent option.
    I guess I won't say I expect to lose with the hand (playing reckless) but I don't get excited for getting AK like you normally do when you get AA

Sign In or Register to comment.