Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Constructing 3 betting ranges versus loose-sticky-stations

With the live poker hiatus, there were some questions that I wanted to go over before going back. I was mainly dedicating this time to studying, but will definitely be doing 5-10 hours a week playing micros on Ignition.

Anyways, I know we want to be using linear 3 betting ranges vs loose-sticky-stations (loose-sticky-stations kinda sounds like an adult film title lol.) But how much do we change our ranges vs these types of players?

For example, let's say we're in a game with a competent TAG (not a nit) opening OTB, and we're in SB. My base 3 betting range in this spot would be something like 66+, all suited broadways, all suited wheels, T9s, other suited connectors at a lower frequency, ATo+, and KQo. How does this range change when a loose-sticky-station opens OTB and we're in SB? 88+, ATs+, KJs+, and AQo+? Fold everything else?

What about IP? For example, the last time I played live (about a week ago, 2/5, 9 handed, $800 effective), there was a spot where a bad LAG, that was super sticky post, and hadn't folded to a 3 bet yet pre flop opened LJ and it's folded to us OTB with ATs (either blind was 3 betting without a premium) - this seems like such a slam dunk 3 bet in most spots, but are we supposed to be flatting with this dynamic?

Any other thoughts are appreciated, specifically if you don't mind sharing what your 3 betting ranges look like in this spots EP v. EP, MP v. EP, LP v. EP, MP v. MP, LP v. MP, LP v. LP, SB/BB v. EP, SB/BB v. MP, and SB/BB v. LP. Thank you.

Comments

• FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,550Subscriber
    Are you playing 6 max or full ring?
  • LatvianMissile Posts: 290Subscriber
    I would size up my 3! and bet more for value. So AQo+, ATs+ TT+ from SB v LP. It depends on how sticky V is postflop as well.
  • Wolverines2020 Posts: 5Subscriber
    Fuzzypup said:
    Full ring

• PokerShaman Posts: 107Subscriber
    Fuzzypup said:
    Are you really going to play differently from the small blind versus a button open in a full ring game than a six-max game? Are you really going to play differently from the button versus a lowjack open in a full ring game than a six-max game? Why?
  • FuzzypupFuzzypup Posts: 2,550Subscriber
    Because full ring players play very different than 6max. I absolutely love when a FR game gets short. FR players don't know how to play short.
    by 1CycleV
  • hustlin Posts: 362Subscriber
    ranges looks great for full ring , you will do well with those ranges! even standard ranges those are good.