Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

AK clubs OTB

kdogmc Posts: 100Subscriber
Very loose aggro game. I am the short stack with 500. Game just got off.

I have AK clubs OTB. MP4 is a donkey. Never wins. Plays too many hands. Way aggressive. Over values his hands, blah,blah, blah.
MP 2 limps. MP4 raises to 40 ( this is a 5/5 game ).

I call OTB thinking if he has an A, I am dominating him. BB calls 40 then MP2 raises 160. MP4 calls.

Button? I have a good feeling BB will call. He loves action and money is no object.

Look at a flop? Shove? Fold?

Comments

• AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    you didn't give us any reads at all on the main villain here =/

Without additional info, I would jam if the amount of MP2's {tattoos, headphones, jewelry, brown skin} outnumber {clean cut, old age, neatly stacked chips, female}, and fold if vice versa.
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    With AKs, I definitely want to see all five cards, because I wouldn't want to get bluffed off my hand on the flop if I just called. Rip it in pre-flop, it looks super-strong - if you lose, rebuy for $1000. laugh
  • SKOOSKOO Posts: 160Subscriber
    Calling here would be the worst decision.

Shove or fold pre flop with your given stack.

I would elect to shove
  • floppedawheel Posts: 1,063Subscriber
    vs. quite a few villains who re-pop like MP2 did, you're crushed by their range, cause their range includes only AA, KK, AK and maybe half the time QQ, and never JJ. if MP2 is not in this category, then sure, shove.... vs. a total donkey like you described for MP4, as long as i've seen him flat 3-bets, i'm re-popping it 2.5x with AK for value and isolation. as it happened, MP2 would have been lying in wait for you, but usually that's not going to happen, and you would have put yourself in a really good spot with a premium hand vs. a spew expert....