Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

2/5 AJ OOP

TDF Posts: 1,130Subscriber
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
EP(1000), MP(1000), BTN(1000) limp, Hero(600) opens AclubJspade to 35 from SB. All limpers call. 4 way to flop.
(140) Kspade4club5spade Hero bets 85, EP calls, BTN calls
(395) Adiamond Hero has 480 left, villains cover. Hero?

EP TAGgish, must be small winner. BTN LP rec player.

Comments

• NicholasK Posts: 237Member
    Your c-bet into a bloated pot put you in a weird spot where any bet essentially pot commits you. Luckily your hand looks more like a Kx than an ace so a turn bet isn't out of line. I'd bet 1/2 pot expecting to call it off when raised and evaluate the river, probably calling off any non 3,8,K or spade river.
  • SpewArtist Posts: 68Subscriber
    Dont cbet. As played, I'd bet smallish on turn or you could try and check jam but I dont like that as much. Stacks are pretty weird though.
  • NicholasK Posts: 237Member
    SpewArtist said

Dont cbet. As played, I'd bet smallish on turn or you could try and check jam but I dont like that as much. Stacks are pretty weird though.
    not disagreeing but what is your reasoning for not c-betting here? Just that it's 4 ways with a possible straight draw and FD out there?
  • Aria Posts: 8Member
    I think with your remaining stack size and size of pot and gay situations you can get your self into if your cbet gets called which becomes gay/awkward you could just check jam flop if it gets checked through its not the end of world you have a ton of equity and your hand will be deceptively disguised when you hit your flush outs. Some turns you can lead if you miss and on certain ones you can check call rivers unimproved for example you lead 60 on a 10 turn river is a 4.
    If I was going to cbet here I think I would do it smaller than 85 and probably barreling a lot of turns.