Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Chopping

reemas Posts: 100Member
edited November -1 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
Do you guys chop? I'm a bit newer to live poker and out of courtesy so far have been chopping. Mind you the rake is also absurd in the 1/3, 2/3 games so how do you handle this?

I also see players limp in, and end up heads up with the blind and ask to chop. If I was in the BB, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that...

Comments

• Steve Posts: 149Subscriber
    I chop. I think it's too hard to beat the rake otherwise.
  • Tyrith Posts: 353Subscriber
    I will generally chop for rake considerations, and against nitty old men that generally make folding mistakes I feel like they fold more if I don't try to push them around for $3. Or maybe it's just because I think it's friendlier and I have a leak in my game in that regard.
  • Mike Posts: 371Member
    i chop unless i have a hand that could make BBJ then i say id rather shoot for the blinds in case we make it somehow. I dont think its worth it to play bvb unless its short handed and every hand is going to be chopped. When you chop you can also get the btn to fold fairly strong hands because the blinds chop and it makes the game go faster. I would doubt that you could make more $/h at the low levels by not chopping than to just chop and move on to the next hand.

Ive seen people fold hands as good as small pairs and AQ on the btn because the blinds are gonna chop. its absurd but it happens.
  • SupremeNinja Posts: 137Subscriber
    I chop and I even play in a timed game.

It's general etiquette amongst the regs in the room to chop anything (AA).. However, I will play my button however I feel, without any consideration to the chop at all.

Also, if I'm beside a player who will chop their weak hands and chop strong hands... i will obviously not chop with them at all.
  • Arenzano Posts: 1,391Subscriber
    I ask if the players to my right and left chop. But I always tell them either you chop all the time or none of the time. I won't even look at my hand in the blinds if the players chop.

What I really hate is when a guy limps ahead and when no one else enters the pot they ask to chop. This happens at the Bike all the time.
  • Steve Posts: 149Subscriber
    Brudre21 said

What I really hate is when a guy limps ahead and when no one else enters the pot they ask to chop. This happens at the Bike all the time.
    The worst part about this is when it leads to a five minute discussion about whether or not they should chop.

"Wanna chop?"

"Whatever you wanna do?"

"I'm cool either way."

"Yeah, I'll play or chop."

etc.

etc.

etc.