Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

flop set of AAA from BB, inflate or draw to fill?

chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
6/12 BigO, full kill
i have been at the table for about 7 hands after just arriving and getting a seat in this must move game. i think i played 1 hand prior to this hand. this game plays maximum 8 handed -- if 9 players are all seated, the player on the dealer button is dealt out.

hero: the only player i recognize in this game is utg, and i've played with him exactly once. nobody knows me either.

hero in BB. 3 limpers, SB mucks, hero checks option with AclubAheartJdiamond9club4spade.

flop: 4.5 small bets, 4 players
AspadeTclub6heart
hero bets, utg folds, utg+1 raises, utg+2 calls, MP calls, hero ? (3bets, or calls 2 bets)

[i can build a big pot by 3 betting with the nuts, but that increases everybody else's odds to draw for gutters and back doors. the only cards i'm happy to see are pair the board or a 9. and if a low comes, i can only win half.]

..........hero 3bets, utg+1 caps, utg+2 folds, MP calls, hero calls the cap.

turn: 18 small bets, 3 players
8diamond (board is still rainbow)
hero? (bets or check/calls)

......hero bets, utg+1 calls, MP calls

river: 24 small bets, 3 players
Qclub
hero? (checks or bets)

........hero checks, utg+1 bets, MP calls, hero? (calls / folds)
.......hero calls.

how badly did i butcher this hand? not sure my mind was in split pot mode yet after typing up this hand history.

Comments

• AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    your equity on the flop is really good so capping is good (i'm tired of posting PPT stuff on this website, imo it's something everyone should do before they post a hand here. it takes like 30 seconds).

since it's 3way on the turn and you're most likely to win the high, putting 1 bet in to get half of 3 bets back most of the time seems good

even thinking about folding river with 2nd nut straight is criminal

so in conclusion i guess you played postflop perfectly, I think you can raise this pre if you want, seems to have good multiway equity and playability.
  • chilidog Posts: 2,427Subscriber
    wow -- i screwed up the hand history. the turn must have been a 7x, cuz i remember that i turned a gutter, not oesd.

board:
    AT6-7-Q.

sorry.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,090Subscriber
    Chili

You have WAY too much equity to not just cap it on the flop. with no flush draw on the flop you have a significant edge now.. Dont worry about the straight draw because those will miss often enough and with your top boat equity you should be getting as much in as you can.

As far as re raising pre.. Meh.. I dont like your kickers particularly and its hard to make nut straight with J 9 x...

When the player that has been just calling suddenly bets river I think its very likely he has either nut low or broadway.. that said I think you have to call anyways. If the pot wasnt raised on any street you could make a fold if its say only three way cuz you are calling to win only half the pot.

ww
  • PhulHouze Posts: 200Member
    Aesah said

your equity on the flop is really good so capping is good (i'm tired of posting PPT stuff on this website, imo it's something everyone should do before they post a hand here. it takes like 30 seconds).

since it's 3way on the turn and you're most likely to win the high, putting 1 bet in to get half of 3 bets back most of the time seems good

even thinking about folding river with 2nd nut straight is criminal

so in conclusion i guess you played postflop perfectly, I think you can raise this pre if you want, seems to have good multiway equity and playability.
    Crap, I don't know what PPT is, but Aesah is already tired of posting about it. Can someone else answer this one for me?
  • BartBart Posts: 6,077AdministratorLeadPro
  • PhulHouze Posts: 200Member
    Thanks, Bart