Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

KK on a paired board

I'm not sure if I got the bet sizing right on this hand. Larger bets on flop and turn? The river is a fold, right?

Game: loose and passive.
Hero ($500-ish): Winning, on the tighter side.
Villain ($250-ish): Vacationer. I've been playing with him quite a bit over XMAS break. generally loose preflop, loose and spewy postflop, chases a lot of crappy draws (GS, Backdoor FD, the ace). I"m expecting an open from TT+, big aces, big broadway.

1/2 200 max.

4 limps. I make it $14 in BB with black KK. 3 calls, 1 fold.

Flop ($52): TT9 hh

Hero bets $20 to get called by a nine, draws, over cards, those casing an ace, villain calls, rest fold.

Turn ($92): 2 offsuit

Hero bets $25, villain calls

River ($142): 5 offsuit

Hero bets $29, villain raises to $75, hero folds, I'm assuming he has atleast a T. Afterwards, I was thinking i should call given the pot odds (5.5 to 1) and my small bet sizing. I only need to be good 15% of the time.

Comments

• shmed Posts: 321Subscriber
    I agree, I would raise more on the flop (perhaps $40) and the (turn -- ~75% of pot). Based on the action, I am putting the villain on either a straight draw or flush draw that he can pursue for cheap. If he had a T, most would reraise big right there on the flop because the board is so dangerous and wet. Thus, I would have definitely called the river when it bricks out, expecting to see 2Hs or QJ/78 etc. -- a bluff when his draws brick out. I also like your point about the pot odds - you are definitely good here much more than 15% of the time.
  • I would definitely bet larger on the river as it cuts way down on his bluffing frequency. As played here I would probably call, even though you guys know how much I preach about not calling raises on the river. However, your sizing is so non standard I feel like you may have induced this play more than 1 out of 5.5 times.

Bart
  • Mike Posts: 371Member
    why are you betting so small? You are letting him have the direct odds to call with draws because of your sizing. You are almost forcing the villian to play correctly. just pound the pot and fold to a raise.

as played snap call river and pre tip dealer for extra ownage.
  • SkinnybrownSkinnybrown Posts: 286Member
    I think betting 1/2 pot on river is good for both getting value and not inducing a bluff.
  • Mike said

why are you betting so small? You are letting him have the direct odds to call with draws because of your sizing. You are almost forcing the villian to play correctly. just pound the pot and fold to a raise.

as played snap call river and pre tip dealer for extra ownage.
    MUBSY ... Embarassed