This happened to a friend of mine at the table I was playing at last night. 2/5 game.
So, my friend (player a) went all in for 200 on a board that read a k q rainbow. this player (sitting next to him, player b) calls right away and everyone folds. My buddy tables his hand of j 10 and the other player holds his hand and has j 10. So, my friend sees his hand and the guy next to him see the hand. but the dealer doesn't. Player b then puts his cards face down and dealer takes them and both players take their money back. The dealer goes wait I need to count that, and the players look confused. The dealer said well you mucked your hand. So, player a counts the money and wins the pot. Hopefully I explained this well enough.
So, the questions I am curious what people think.
1. what should player a and b do?
2. should player a give the money back?
3. what if player b is a reg? He has played there before but lives in a different state and comes and plays once every 2-3 months. for various reasons.
4. so, a few hands after this happened play b went to get some racks and racked up with in 20 minutes. He is a loose aggro fish and great for the game. should my buddy give the money back for that reason? I think he left because of that because when he plays he usually stays till 3 or 4 in the morning. this was at midnight and the game has been going for 3o minutes or so. people were playing 1-2 until i got there and I got the game started.
5. I went to my buddy on the side and said you should give the money back. am i out of line? yes I want the other guy in the game, but I am all about ethics and fairness. I know I would no matter what. Its not my money.
6. should the dealer do something different?
After the guy left a lot of the regs said don't give it back and I just bit my tongue on this one.
thanks and I ma just curious what people think.