Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

QQ Facing Turn Lead

GusFritschie Posts: 102Subscriber
edited January 2014 in NLHE Strategy Discussion
2/5 NL MD Live

Effective stacks about $600, villain UTG covers. I have QQ in MP, I probably have a losing image. 1 UTG limper and I make it $25, the CO and button both call, blinds fold, and UTG calls. UTG is a fishy player who plays a lot of hands and does not like to fold. Button is short with about $300. Flop comes 3 club, 6 club, 9x. Checks to me and I lead for $75 into a $105 pot. CO folds and the button and UTG call. Turn is the K of clubs for a board of:
3 club, 6 club, 9x, K club
pot= $330

UTG leads for $175.

What is our play? I have the Q of clubs.

Comments

• DBW Posts: 40Subscriber
    He is representing a strong hand. If he is fishy (assuming passive), fishy passive players don't lead on turn for this size of a bet with a weak hand in a 3 way pot.

I think this is a clear fold even with the Qc.
  • Collecting_Tax Posts: 177Subscriber
    Yea I agree I think this is a fold. If you were heads up maybe its closer but with him leading into 2 opponents I think you are drawing pretty thin.
  • GusFritschie Posts: 102Subscriber
    I should have said the villain was more loose than passive. Any event I could not see how I was good against two opponents and folded. The button ended up calling the $175 only leaving $25 behind. River was a blank and villain bet $25 to put Button all-in. Button called and showed Jc 3x and took down the pot with pair of 3's. UTG showed Ac X......
  • neverlearn2 Posts: 2,827Subscriber
    Loose passive key word being passive.

Easy fold IMO.
  • DrGambol Posts: 724Subscriber
    Well, seeing how villain bluffed $25 into a $600+ pot as a bluff, I would assume he was probably firing a lot of rivers. Against 2 players who are playing J3o+, we are unfortunately pretty crushed by 2 players. When this guy leads, I'd put his range at Kx, flushes, bare Ace high fd, 2 pair, sets, straight plus flush draw combo (8c7s, Tc7s). The other guy who hasn't acted yet can also have any pair, ace high FD, any flush, two pair, etc. Against one guy, I think it is close between a call and a fold. But I'd need a good read and feel on both players to do anything other than fold. I might consider calling if I get a physical tell that the other guy if folding and I know a little more about the villain. I'd like to have a plan if the river comes out a club or a blank.