Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

good session at 5/5 PLO last night (finally...) - a couple of hands

reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
I finally had a good session last night in my local home game, $5/5 half PLO/half BigO.  All this strategy stuff (CLPLO video, forums) I think is starting to pay off.  Biggest adjustments I am making are playing fewer starting hands, and raising less often pre-flop.  The most difficult part if folding in BigO, as it just gets boring to fold so much because the hands take longer to play.  I think I prefer PLO as it goes a bit faster. 

Two hands from last night- one fun hand where I got to dominate someone, and the second hand where I got a little bit lost.  All comments welcome.

Here was the fun hand I got to play: 

8-handed, loose-passive, $5/5 PLO, $725 effective, game started about 45 minutes earlier...

limp, EP makes it $20, call, call, I call OTB with AKJ6ss, one blind calls, limper calls, 6-ways, pot it $125.

Flop: QT9r.  Bingo.  Checks to CO who bets $75, I raise to $200, folds to CO who insta-jams, I snap.  CO has KJT3.  We run it twice, K on first board, J on second board, I scoop. 

One hand that I wasn't sure what to do:

7-handed, PLO, late into the night, $2200 effective

someone opened to $15, call, I call OTB with 7654ss, a blind calls, pot is $65.

Flop: 954.  I have bottom two and OESD.  Blind checks, PFR bet $30, call, I overcalled, blind called.  Pot is $185. 

Turn: T brings backdoor suit (not my suit).  Blind checks, PFR bet $60, fold, I call, blind calls.  Pot is $365.

River J no flush on board.  Blind checks, PFR bet $250, I fold, blind called. 

At what point in the hand should I have pushed the action, or did I play it correctly?  Thanks for your help. 

Comments

• AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    is flop two-tone or rainbow?

either way i would probably raise flop.
  • ThehammahThehammah Posts: 7,085Subscriber
    on the first flop did villain have any backdoor flush draws? does he normally play danglers? if so you can always be confident against him getting it in on that type of flop. he may have the nuts now but as you see that changes almost every street in omaha.

ww
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    Aesah said:
    is flop two-tone or rainbow?

either way i would probably raise flop.

I think it was rainbow.  Yeah, as I look back on this hand, it looks a lot like the pre-flop raiser has a hand like AAxx or KKxx, maybe with a backdoor flush draw or a pair or something.  I should probably pot flop to $155, and then bet fairly large on the turn, and then check back the river if I don't improve. 

Is it a bet/fold though if I get check/potted by anyone on the turn, particularly the big blind or the PFR?  Thanks.
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    On that last hand, you flop bottom two and an OESD. You're in good shape vs PFRer's opening range, but he also can have pretty good equity vs you, and there are many turn and river cards that are hard to play.

I'm with Aesah. Raise flop. Barrel turn