Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Spot @ 5/5/10 PLO

khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
I'd just sat at Limon's 5/5 PLO game with a $10 rock... and it was essentially a $10/20 PLO game with all of the straddles.  I'm in the SB but the rock is UTG so I'm effectively in late position pre flop, and first to act post.  Hero has A Q J 3

It's potted pre flop to $115, 3 callers, I call, pot is $580.  Flop is Q 8 2 so an extremely dry flop, we are 5-way, we have TPTK but betting into this field seems too... optimistic.  Hero checks, and shockingly, that flop gets checked around.

Turn is 8 ... hero wants to bet with TPTK and NFD, but am brand new to the table, and generally nit it up whenever I arrive at any new table.  It's obviously a bet/fold if I do bet.

It's checked around to the old guy who is last to act, who ships his entire remaining stack in for $570 into $580

Hero ???

Comments

• OminousCowOminousCow Posts: 702Subscriber
    Seems like you are up against trip 8's a lot. I'm less familiar with PLO equities, but I think this is probably (?) a fold.
  • TJ Posts: 239Subscriber
    He could have an 8, QQ, Q8, 22 or run into a "monster" like 89TJhhx. Was he a nit? Seems like he bets most of those hands on the flop, though maybe not 5 ways. Regardless, I think calling with a dry NFD in this spot would be pretty bad.

His range aside, I think the overriding consideration is that there are 3 people to act behind you.

Fold.
  • reedmylipsreedmylips Posts: 1,145Subscriber
    I think a check/fold under the circumstance is fine.  Not too nitty at all.  You certainly don't have the best hand - the "old guy who is last to act" is not all of a sudden betting pot (which is his entire stack) with a wrap when the second card pairs and brings in hearts.  If he flopped a wrap that he was intending to go with, he would have shipped the flop. 

He is not doing this with KQ, or just a bare lower flush draw either.  You are probably (at best) drawing to your NFD bare, and could be drawing dead very easily. 
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    what are effective stacks?

turn is pretty easy fold I think

ProPokerTools 5-Card Omaha Hi Simulation
    276,478 trials (Randomized)
    board: Q:diamond:8:heart:2:heart:8:club:
    AhQhJc3c 26.26%
    8!Q8!82 73.74%
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    I folded turn. Never expecting old guy to not have an 8 there. Loose actiony guy called with KQxx no draw. River was blank, old guy says "I missed" and loose actiony guy takes down the pot with a pair of queens, eights on board, K kicker.

Since I had NFD I'm just sitting there saying to myself "WTF?"
  • khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
    @Aesah old guy was all in with his shove. Loose actiony guy and I were in theory 400bb deep but game was playing more like 10/20 so really 100bb effective