Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

The Greatest PLO Hand Ever Played

khalwatkhalwat Posts: 997Subscriber
I bore witness to the greatest PLO hand ever played:

5/5 PLO with a $10 rock, but it was almost always straddled to $20, and often to $40... so it was playing like a 10/20 or 10/25 PLO game effectively.

GAAG (Gambooly Aggro Asian Guy) who was clearly a marginal or likely losing NLHE player was playing PLO.  It was pretty clear PLO was not something he was particularly verse in, given the frequency of "POT" and "How much is in there?" as well as just the hand combos he ended up showing down.

LBED (Loose Bluffy Euro Dude) seemed like he understood PLO, but definitely was calling off light in marginal situations, but was clueful enough to put his opponents to the test by building big pots and then jamming rivers when scare cards hit.

It's hard to say who was the bigger spot in the game, probably the GAAG, but it was close.

Anyway in a straddled pot, one guy raises pot, and the GAAG 3-bets pot to $250-ish.  Two people call, including LBED and the original raiser.  Pot $750-ish.  The flop is:

4 4 6

Initial raiser (who doesn't matter in this hand) checks, GAAG jams the rest of his stack in, betting about $700 into $750.  LBED snap calls.  The board runs out:

4 4 6 6 6

GAAG and LBED are both shaking their heads.  The reveal:

LBED: 2 3 4 5 for flopped trips and an inside wrap. So he ends up with trip 4s with a 5 kicker

GAAG: A K J 2 for... having flopped absolutely nothing except a gutshot and overs, but he decided to just jam his stack in there

There's mass confusion, both of them think they've lost.  I say "Ace King wins" and the guy who has the winning hand says "How does Ace King win?"  I reply "You have trip 6's with Ace King high; he has trip 6's with five four kicker"

The table is silent.  GAAG smiles as he rakes the pot in.  The countdown to busto for him begins (I ended up stacking him 30 minutes later).

The greatest PLO hand evar!

Comments

• OminousCowOminousCow Posts: 702Subscriber
    Hahaha
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    I had a guy call my river bet in a $900 pot with 8-high a couple weeks ago since he thought he could use 4 cards from his hand (which wouldn't even have give him a very strong hand)
  • AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 747Administrator
    edited February 2014
    Aesah said:
    I had a guy call my river bet in a $900 pot with 8-high a couple weeks ago since he thought he could use 4 cards from his hand (which wouldn't even have give him a very strong hand)
    How good do you run? :tu:
  • AesahAesah Posts: 1,048Pro
    edited February 2014
    well i lost like $12k that day so yea