Welcome.

Take a tour. Enjoy some free sample content.

How it works

Free Video: CLP Video No. 287: Home Game Bart Reviews His Splashy At $1-$3 Deep Part 2

Free Podcast: CLP Podcast No. 54: Time Warp And Turn Value
New to Crush Live Poker?

Site Tip #07 → Forums Secrets

AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 747Administrator
edited February 2014 in Site Tips
Getting used to anything new takes some time, but the new Forums have some pretty handy features you may not be aware of.  Click on your name in the Forums sub-menu:

This will take you to your user profile page, where you can set various preferences for the Forums, but it also has some tabs you can click on that display some really useful information:

Notifications: This shows you a timeline of any activity on the site, such as people commenting on your discussions, sending you private messages, etc.

Activity: This shows you, in chronological order, everything you've done on the site, and can be pretty handy for finding a recent discussion you posted in when you just can't remember the name of it (and didn't have it bookmarked).  You can also post your own status updates under the Activity tab, analogous to Facebook status updates, to let people know what you're up to

Discussions: This shows you all of the discussions you've started, in chronological order, with the latest discussion listed first.  This is useful to find all of the discussions you've made, in case you want to follow up on them.

Comments: This shows you every discussion that you've posted a comment in.  It's particularly handy if you replied to someone's thread, but can't remember which one it was, and want to follow up on it (and didn't have it bookmarked)

Liked: This shows you all of the posts you've made on the forums that other members have "Liked"
Tagged:

Comments

• RecreationalRogerRecreationalRoger Posts: 769Subscriber
    Admin

The comments feature is nice. However I'd like to suggest an upgrade: it looks like right now when it shows you thread, it only shows the date of your last comment to it. Can we get the red "new xxx comments" feature added to it so we can quickly see if there have been any updates to a thread that we commented on?

The old site effectively had this feature, via doing the search threads I've posted to, when the thread list came back, it would note which threads had been updated since you last looked at them.

Thanks,

Roger
  • JCW Posts: 591Subscriber
    Thanks.  This sounds great.
  • AdministratorAdministrator Posts: 747Administrator
    @RecreationalRoger I will put it on the wish list! I have a few other things to get done first, however.  Thanks for the feedback!
  • MrFizzbinMrFizzbin Posts: 356Subscriber
    What's the red/white number next to my username
  • CajunDragonCajunDragon Posts: 173Member
    Additional Tip If you'd like to search for forum posts by a specific user then paste this link in to your browsers URL bar: http://www.crushlivepoker.com/forums/profile/discussions/TerpHimself and where 'TerpHimself' is you can replace with any valid username. You'll then see every post that user has made.
  • BartBart Posts: 5,954AdministratorLeadPro
    @cajunDragon this short cut only seems to open up discussions that are started by a person as opposed to all posts made by a user. Do you know how to find all posts made by a user?
  • CajunDragonCajunDragon Posts: 173Member
    edited July 26
    @Bart Oh snap. You are right mr monster stack navigator. Had to do a little more digging. It's a different URL. You replace discussions with comments:

EX: http://www.crushlivepoker.com/forums/profile/comments/TerpHimself